Livestock Animal Health
Short biography of John Rockefeller Prentice, a pioneer of artificial insemination in farm animals as a means of improving the genetic pool.
Top: Health: Animal: Livestock
- Spotlight: New Animal Disease Threats - Article arguing that a global early warning system health would help livestock control the current upsurge in epizootic health emergencies.
- Guidelines for the Prudent Use of Antibiotics in Food Animals - This article explains why antibiotics are used in animal health and the reasons for concern on their misuse. It also gives guidelines, drawn up by American Veterinary Medical Association, on using them appropriately.
- A Man Named Rock - Short biography of John Rockefeller Prentice, a pioneer livestock of artificial livestock insemination in farm animals as a livestock means of improving the livestock genetic pool.
- IACUC Learning Module - Physiological Data - Normal physiological signs and symptoms. Including blood count for horses, cows, pigs and sheep.
- Plum Island Animal Disease Center, USDA - US laboratory for foreign animal diseases. Mission, research, news, safety, livestock environment and history. New York.
- Small Ruminant Publications and Links - Auburn University Department of Animal Science\\'s list of on-line resources regarding health, reproduction and management of small ruminants.
- National Animal Health Emergency Management System (NAHEMS) - A joint state-federal-industry effort to improve the United animal States\\' ability health to deal successfully with animal health animal emergencies, ranging from flood health and drought to introductions animal of deadly foreign animal diseases. Also health looks at animal bioterrorism, emerging diseas
- Animal Science Program at SWFREC - We conduct research and disseminate information through Extension livestock programs to assist Florida\'s livestock industry to achieve livestock efficient production.
- Understanding Vaccines - This NebGuide explains the pros and cons of livestock vaccination, the different types of vaccines used in livestock animals and vaccine selection, and why vaccines sometimes livestock fail to work.
- Safe Use of Animal Medicines - This article gives guidance on the risks to health humans of animal medications and the need to health exercise caution while working with them.
- Indiana Board of Animal Health - This is the web site for the state animal Board of Animal Health.
- Net Vet - Covering a variety of health and management issues animal for small ruminants.
- Utah State Animal Health Publications - Publications in electronic format, PDF, requiring Adobe Acrobat Reader health software.
- U.S. State and Territory Animal Import Regulations - Features animal movement regulations for each US state animal and national animal animal import and export regulations for animal many countries.
- Guarding Against Contagious Livestock Diseases from Farm Visitors - Article outlining how how certain activities increase the chances that livestock will be exposed to contagious diseases and advises on biosecurity.
- United States Animal Health Association - Working to control livestock diseases in the United health States. animal News, directory of member organizations, and health links.
- Animal Health Publications - A series of animal health manuals written by animal veterinarians for livestock dairy producers, cattle ranchers and horse animal owners.
- FarmDoc - Includes farm related information such as finance, management, livestock and farm animal decision making under risk through education livestock and research.
- Fundamentals of Livestock Entomology - Common insect and mite pests of livestock and livestock pets in Kansas sorted according to type of livestock animal affected.
- IACUC Learning Module - Blood Values mg/100 mi - Normal values for horses, cows, pigs and sheep.
- Canadian Animal Health Coalition - Canadian livestock health and biosecurity information, newsletter subscription.
- Biosecurity: Protecting Your Health and the Health of Your Animals - Provides information for exhibitors at shows and fairs on what measures they need to take to prevent the spread of disease among animals and people.
- Institute for Animal Health - International research centre working to improve the health livestock of farm health animals worldwide. Located in the United livestock Kingdom.
MySQL - Cache Direct