Nia Fitness Health
Nia is a fitness and movement program drawing elements from martial arts, yoga, and dance. Developed in the early 1980s by Debbie and Carlos Rosas, Nia now claims teachers and practitioners around the world. The name "Nia", though not capitalized like an acronym, is actually derived from "Neuromuscular Integrative Action". It also means "with purpose" in Swahili.
Top: Health: Fitness: Nia
Nia - Original creators describe the technique, and offer a regional directory, newsletter, testimonials and FAQ.
- Nia Cardiff - Details of classes, workshops and special events in Cardiff, Wales.
- Nia: The Body's Way - Inner IDEA article: the Nia Technique\\'s co-creators explain health the fundamentals nia and suggest tips for beginning a health practice.
- Nia UK - Describes the technique and its benefits, with details fitness of classes and workshops in the United Kingdom.
- Floor Play - Article about Nia that appeared in The Guardian health Weekend.
- What is Nia? - Reprint of an article that appeared in Business Week.
- Nia South Africa - Provides background information, news articles, and calendar of workshops, classes fitness and training in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Nia GP - Details of classes, workshops and special events in Gauteng Province, health South Africa.
- Nia London - Provides background information, news articles, and calendar of nia workshops and health classes in London, United Kingdom.
MySQL - Cache Direct