Informational pages on some common North American flora including carob, dandelion, epazote, lambsquarter, mallow, miners lettuce, mustard, nasturtium, prickly pear cactus and sowthistle.
Top: Recreation: Food: Wild Foods
- Top/Recreation/Outdoors/Survival and Primitive Technology
- Top/Home/Cooking/World Cuisines/North American/Native American
- Top/Science/Biology/Ecology/Wildlife Ecology and Management
- Top/Business/Food and Related Products/Produce/Mushrooms and Wild Foods
- Wilderness Survival: Edible Plants - Describes the identification and preparation of flora for recreation consumption. food Includes diagrams, the Universal Edibility Test, recreation and lists of edible food varieties.
- University of Kentucky Entomology for Kids: Bugfood! - Lesson plans and information on the nutritive use wild foods of wild foods insects, intentional and unintentional. Includes suggested reading wild foods list and wild foods bibliography.
- Seattle Times: The Geoduck Chronicles - How an obscure bivalve became the object of international desire. Humorous article about this soft-shelled clam. [Free Registration Required]
- Disgusting critter just needs a new image ... and gravy. - Humorous article from The Standard-Times containing information on recreation eating nutria.
- Facts on Fiddleheads - University of Maine Cooperative Extension bulletin with picture, wild foods description, food recipes, safety notices, and information on cooking wild foods and pickling food the young coiled fern leaves.
- Samphire - General information about Crithmum maritimum or sea fennel.
- Razor Clams - Instructions on digging, cleaning and cooking razor clams wild foods along wild foods the west coast of the USA. Includes wild foods photographs.
- Wild Harvest - Information on gathering and cooking mushrooms, fiddleheads, ramps, recreation and leaks. wild foods Calendar of seasonal availability, recipes and recreation tips.
- Catching Blue Crabs - Provides general information on the activity, in addition wild foods to food details on the life cycle. Includes recipes.
- Use of Insects by Australian Aborigines - Article from Cultural Entomology Digest 1. Includes information food on types used for food, as well as food their place in mythology and art.
- Edible Flowers - North Carolina State University horticulture information leaflet. Provides information on growing and harvesting, as well as a table with common names, scientific names, flavors, colors, and comments.
- Our Bushtucker Website - Literacy project by students at Larapinta Primary School. Includes photograph, wild foods description, habitat, and method of collecting for each plant or wild foods animal, as well as information on the climate, geography and wild foods indigenous languages of Central Australia.
- Razor Clams, Oregon Coast - One page of instructions for digging, catching, cleaning recreation and cooking recreation razor clams.
- Bush Tucker Plants or Bush Food - Australian native food plants - Contains information on Aboriginal, Colonial, and Modern usage recreation of various food varieties present before European colonization, along recreation with descriptions.
- Edible Insects in East Africa - Information on the use of termites in Kenyu. recreation Includes photographs.
- Back to the Future: Where Now for Bush Foods? - Article written in 1999 discussing the commercial viability wild foods of wild foods certain native Australian plants. Includes photographs and wild foods bibliography.
- Laurel (Bay) - Description and information on Laurus nobilis.
- How to Tap Maple Trees and Make Syrup - Includes information on yield, tree physiology, step by step instructions, where to go for help, additional reading, and references.[PDF]
- Facts on Edible Wild Greens in Maine - University of Maine Cooperative Extension bulletin with descriptions wild foods of recreation and recipes for dandelions, fiddleheads, yellow rocket, wild foods lamb\'s-quarters, orache, recreation and purslane.
- You Can Become a Hardcore Forager - Article from Backwoods Home Magazine, issue 47. Includes recreation information on wild foods tools needed, safety, preparation, as well recreation as details on some wild foods plants, frogs, turtles and recreation fish.
- Weird Meat - Weblog documenting unusual eating experiences. Includes articles, travel wild foods stories, wild foods photos.
- Sassafras - Information and description on Sassafras officinale.
- Our Wild Foods to the World - Australian edible plants information page. Includes photos.
- School of Self-Reliance's Wild Food Foraging Page - Informational pages on some common North American flora food including carob, wild foods dandelion, epazote, lambsquarter, mallow, miners lettuce, food mustard, nasturtium, prickly pear wild foods cactus and sowthistle.
- The Forager's Virtual Wild Food Field Guide - A guide for helping find, identify, and use wild foods several recreation edible wild mushrooms and plants of the wild foods northeastern US.
MySQL - Cache Direct