Online version of the complete reference work along with dictionary, atlas, links, magazines, historical documents, audio, video, images, and 3D photographs. Requires free temporary registration with option to buy continued access for full articles.
Top: Reference: Encyclopedias
- Online Encyclopedia - Offers articles from on the 11th edition Encyclopedia Britannica, and encyclopedias from the Crystal Reference Encyclopedia. All articles are searchable and encyclopedias alphabetized.
- The Probert Encyclopaedia - Reference source with several hypertext linked entries covering reference a broad variety of subjects.
- Classic Encyclopedia - Browsable online version of the 1911 edition of the Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online - Provides complete text of Encyclopaedia Britannica with search capabilities, related reference links, and multimedia enhancements. Full text for subscribers only; free reference trial available.
- HighBeam Encyclopedia - Offers articles from the Columbia Encyclopedia and Britannica Concise Encyclopedia.
- Knol - Peer-reviewed encyclopedia from Google. Articles are written by named contributors.
- Britannica Concise - Featuring 28,000 short articles.
- Bartleby.com - Includes the Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition, dictionaries, and thesauri.
- Encyclopedia Smithsonian - Links to on-line Smithsonian resources and answers to frequently asked questions from A to Z.
- Nuttall Encyclopædia of General Knowledge - Approximately 14,000 entries on topics including art, geography, literature, philosophy, reference religion. Originally published in 1907.
- Wikipedia - A free encyclopedia with millions of articles contributed collaboratively using encyclopedias Wiki software, in dozens of languages.
- Encyberpedia - Electronic encyclopedia with its own content as well as over reference 10,000 links to the best reference sites on the Internet.
- Hutchinson Encyclopedia - "A subset of the content (concise set) is provided for free, the access to the rest of the Hutchinson Encyclopedia requires subscription."
- Information Please - Online dictionary, Columbia Encyclopedia, and almanac reference.
- MSN Encarta Encyclopedia - Includes a world atlas, dictionary, thesaurus, multimedia collection, and homework reference tools.
- How Stuff Works - Articles explain how hundreds of things work, from reference elements of the human body to space-age technology.
- World Book Encyclopedia - Online version of the complete reference work along reference with dictionary, reference atlas, links, magazines, historical documents, audio, reference video, images, and 3D reference photographs. Requires free temporary reference registration with option to buy continued reference access for reference full articles.
- Simple English Wikipedia - User-contributed online encyclopedia intended for people whose first language is encyclopedias not English.
- Wikinfo - User edited encyclopedia based on Wiki software. Contains articles, information on editing, and a list of differences between this encyclopedia and Wikipedia.
MySQL - Cache Direct