Find directions for and explore towns and cities worldwide. Display addresses on a map, view nearby businesses, get driving directions and maps, and plan a trip with city information. Also includes aerial photographs of selected areas.
Top: Reference: Maps
- Top/Science/Earth Sciences/Geomatics
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Geography
- Top/Recreation/Travel/Image Galleries
- Great Circle Mapper - Shows great circle path between specified points on the globe with an aviation focus.
- Tactile Maps of Canada - Information on maps for education, maps for mobility, transportation maps, and current research and development activities. From Natural Resources Canada.
- Planet Observer - Displays country and ocean maps, followed by demographic data on each reviewed area.
- Google Maps - Provides directions, interactive maps, and satellite/aerial imagery of the United States. Can also search by keyword such as type of business.
- TerraFly - Searchable aerial views of cities and towns in maps the United States.
- Atlapedia Online - Contains full color physical and political maps as well as maps key facts and statistics on countries of the world.
- National Geographic Map Central - Locate nearly any place on Earth, and show street maps, satellite views, bird\'s eye views, and 3-D navigation.
- TerraServer - View maps and aerial photos of various parts of the Earth.
- MapJack.com - Showcases a new mapping technology with street views reference of locations in Thailand and USA.
- Fallingrain Global Gazetteer - Look up countries, cities, and airports and obtain maps topographic maps, reference weather data, and selected satellite imagery.
- Shaded Relief Map of the World - Interactive global map, including topographic relief, satellite imagery, and political maps information. Includes place finder.
- Flash Earth - Satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash. Based on different data that can be chosen by a click.
- Map Up - Provides continental, oceanic, and country-specific maps, followed by reference geopolitical analysis.
- Windows Live Local - Combines online mapping and local search, uses a scratch pad to take notes, and allows to search questions around the United States in a geographical context.
- United States Library of Congress Map Collections - Top-level categories include cities and towns, cultural, landscapes, conservation and maps environment, military battles and campaigns, discovery and exploration, transportation and maps communication. Searchable by keyword, location, creator, subject, and title.
- OpenStreetMap - A rights-free map of the world being created by volunteers using copyright free sources and GPS tracks. Includes an interactive map and details of how to get involved.
- Expedia Maps - Offers searchable listing in the United States and Europe by address and driving directions.
- United Nations: Cartographic Section - General country and special issues maps.
- Atlas of the Biosphere - A collection of maps, schematics, and information about maps human-environment interactions, directed at the education community.
- Multimap - Global mapping service including street maps of Europe, reference North America and Australia.
- Maporama - Generates maps for a desired address or point of interest. Output is also viewable on handheld computers.
- ABMaps - Online interactive map of the world, with detailed reference street atlas for North America.
- Worldmapper - A collection of world maps, where territories are re-sized on according to the subject of interest.
- MapQuest - Find directions for and explore towns and cities reference worldwide. Display addresses on a map, view nearby reference businesses, get driving directions and maps, and plan reference a trip with city information. Also includes aerial reference photographs of selected areas.
- World Atlas - Get maps and relevant information about every country, every U.S. state and dozens of major American cities.
- Readmap Project - Online maps collection with political and economical overview maps of each country.
- National Atlas of the United States - U.S. government map portal providing access to many government branches including USGS, Census, U.S. Forest Service, NOAA, National Park Service and others.
- Maps of World - Online maps showing countries of the world and reference continents. Too wide for smaller monitors.
- CIA World Factbook - Reference Maps - Various maps of the world in both jpeg maps and pdf format that are updated annually.
MySQL - Cache Direct