Operations Research Math Science
The study of operations research (OR) is concerned with mathematical methods and tools for solving problems relating to the allocation of scarce resources subject to constraints. Frequently these problems have to do with determining the least cost or greatest profit possible for a cost or profit function subject to constraints such as capacities and required amounts over a very large number of variables. Important problems within this space include minimum cost routing problems, network maximum flow or minimum cost flow problems, and machine scheduling problems. The field of OR is always changing. Its changes are driven by the technology it uses and that it extends, and the applications that it affects.
Top: Science: Math: Operations Research
- Top/Science/Math/Combinatorics/Software/Linear Programming and Optimization
- Top/Science/Technology/Industrial Engineering
- Top/Business/Industrial Goods and Services/Engineering/Industrial
- Inventory Control Related Sites - Annotated index of sites for inventory (stock) control.
- Combinatorial and Integer Optimization - A good collection of readings on the subjects.
- OR-Library - A library of problem instances covering various OR/MS areas.
- TORSCHE Scheduling Toolbox for Matlab - It performs various off-line and on-line scheduling.
- Principles of Forecasting - Provides practical guide for forecasting.
- WORMS - World-wide-web for OR/MS.
- Forecasting and Time Series on the Web - Includes a collection of publications links.
- Operations Research Trade Page - A collection of links.
- Global Optimization - Links to global optimization.
- Traveling Salesman Problem: ZIP-Method - A new solution algorithm for the TSP.
- Optimization Center - Includes research, software, problem solving server and eprint science guide page.
- INFORMS OR/MS Resource Collection - Edited by Michael Trick.
- Timetabling - Automated timetabling issues and methods.
- Game Theory - Provides an introduction to the field.
- Michael Trick’s Operations Research Blog - Thoughts, opinions, and pointers on the world of science OR/MS.
- Queueing Theory Basics - Outlines analytical models for customer waiting times for science services.[PDF]
- Decision Tree for Optimization Software - Identify potential solution algorithms for your problems.
- A Collection of Main OR/MS Journals Links - Individual journals links.
- The Operations Research Management Science Blog - A blog about Operations Research / Management Science.
- Maths, Stats & OR Network - Incorporates many of the relevant resources.
- Logistics: The WWW Virtual Library - All the logistic links you ever need.
- Unsolved Problems in OR - A good collection.
- System and Simulation Links - A compilation of links on system modeling and science simulation.
- Software Surveys - A collection of surveys of OR/MS software.
- Global (and Local) Optimization - Archive of information on global and local optimization.
- Optimization and Operations Research - A list maintained by Henry Wolkowicz.
- The Science and Technology of Decision-making - A good set of OR/MS applications.
- A Collection of Modelling and Simulation Resources - Annotated index.
MySQL - Cache Direct