Magnetic Fusion Nuclear Physics
A proposed international experimental fusion reactor based on the tokamak concept. ITER's mission is to demonstrate the scientific and technological feasibility of fusion energy for peaceful purposes.
Top: Science: Physics: Nuclear: Fusion: Magnetic
Joint European Torus (JET) - The world's largest magnetic confinement fusion experiment; it is based on the tokamak concept.
- Alcator C-Mod - A research fusion experiment utilizing the world\\'s highest fusion magnetic field tokamak plasma confinement concept.
- ISTTOK Tokamak - Tokamak plasma research experiment based at Instituto Superior fusion Técnico (IST), fusion Portugal.
- Sustained Spheromak Physics Experiment (SSPX) - Spheromak now operating at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory with nuclear a minor radius of 0.23m.
- HSX - Helically Symmetric eXperiment is a university scale plasma fusion experiment based nuclear on the large-aspect-ratio helically-symmetric stellarator approach. fusion University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA.
- Compact Helical System (CHS) - Compact stellarator experiment with aspect ratio A ~ fusion 5. Located nuclear at NIFS, Japan. Was operational till fusion 2006.
- MAST - Mega Amp Spherical Tokamak experiment at Culham, UK.
- Large Helical Device (LHD) - The largest current fusion experiment based on the nuclear stellarator concept. Located at NIFS, Japan. The mission nuclear of the LHD project is to develop a nuclear scientific basis for stellarator fusion reactor. An important nuclear feature in the LHD design is a high nuclear magnetic field
- JT-60 Project at JAERI Naka Fusion Research Establishment - JT-60 is the largest fusion tokamak experiment in Japan, and one of the largest in the world.
- PEGASUS Toroidal Experiment - Extremely low-aspect-ratio tokamak experiment at the Department of nuclear Engineering Physics, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- START - Small Tight Aspect Ratio Tokamak fusion experiment at nuclear UKAEA Culham - it was a pioneering experiment nuclear based on the spherical tokamak concept. Operated 1991 nuclear - 1998. START\'s successor experiment is MAST.
- QPS Project - A project to explore the quasi-poloidal approach to nuclear compact stellarators. nuclear Project reports and reviews.
- TCS Experiment - The translation, confinement and sustainment FRC (field reversed magnetic configuration) experiment magnetic at the University of Washington.
- ITER - A proposed international experimental fusion reactor based on the tokamak nuclear concept. ITER\\'s mission is to demonstrate the scientific and nuclear technological feasibility of fusion energy for peaceful purposes.
- FRC - An FRC (field reversed configuration) is a fusion magnetic concept where nuclear a toroidal plasma represents an elongated magnetic plasma ellipsoid conducting an nuclear azimuthal current which reverses magnetic the direction of an externally applied nuclear magnetic field.
- Wendelstein 7-X - Large fusion experimental machine currently under construction in magnetic Greifswald, Germany; nuclear based on the large-aspect-ratio advanced stellarator magnetic concept.
- National Compact Stellarator Experiment - NCSX is a compact stellarator concept based on quasi-toroidal symmetry.
- Fusion Ignition Research Experiment (FIRE) - A proposed next-step fusion experiment to study burning nuclear plasma physics magnetic based on the tokamak concept. It nuclear would require about $1.2B magnetic to build. Includes information nuclear related to FIRE, its engineering design, magnetic related publications nuclear and meetings.
- STX - Star Thrust Experiment at the University of Washington nuclear is nuclear an FRC (field reversed configuration) nuclear plasma startup experiment via nuclear application of a rotating nuclear magnetic field.
- Madison Symmetric Torus - MST is a research device based on the reversed field magnetic pinch concept. Built at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Operation began magnetic in 1988.
- Helicity Injected Torus - HIT-II is the experiment to develop a method nuclear of coaxial fusion helicity injection as a means of nuclear producing current drive. Built fusion at the University of nuclear Washington.
- Spheromak - The spheromak is a toroidal magnetic confinement concept nuclear where no fusion toroidal magnetic field coils link the nuclear torus. The magnetic field fusion is generated primarily by nuclear plasma currents.
- Stellarator Spheromak - The stellarator-spheromak is a fusion concept with elements of spherical stellarator and spheromak configurations.
- HBT-EP Tokamak - Experiment at the Columbia University Plasma Physics Laboratory fusion to demonstrate nuclear the feasibility of a high-beta tokamak fusion stabilized by a combination nuclear of a close-fitting conducting fusion wall, plasma rotation, and active feedback.
- IGNITOR - A proposed next-step fusion experiment to study burning fusion plasma physics magnetic in a relatively small device. This fusion approach is based on magnetic the concept of a fusion tokamak with very strong magnetic field, magnetic and is fusion under development by an international team of plasma magnetic fusion and fusion
- Consorzio RFX - A fusion energy experiment in Padova, Italy. RFX is a fusion toroidal device where a ring of high temperature fusion ionized gas (plasma) is confined by a magnetic field in fusion the Reversed Field Pinch configuration.
- National Spherical Torus Experiment - NSTX is an experimental fusion device based on nuclear the spherical nuclear tokamak concept. Built at Princeton Plasma nuclear Physics Laboratory.
- H-1NF - Australian fusion experiment based on the H-1 Heliac concept.
- SUNIST - The first spherical tokamak in China. Built at magnetic the Department magnetic of Engineering Physics, Tsinghua University, Beijing.
- Spherical Stellarator - The SS is a low aspect ratio compact magnetic stellarator concept magnetic emphasizing effective use of the plasma magnetic (bootstrap) current to reach magnetic high plasma pressure operation magnetic and improved confinement. The concept is magnetic most advantageous magnetic at aspect ratios R/a < 3.5.
- The SST-1 Tokamak - The Steady State Tokamak (SST-1) is under fabrication fusion at the magnetic Institute for Plasma Research in India. fusion SST-1 has superconducting TF magnetic and PF coils capable fusion of producing a toroidal magnetic field magnetic of up fusion to 3T. The goals include reaching the plasma magnetic fusion pulse duration
- ASDEX Upgrade Fusion Experiment - Experimental tokamak facility at Max-Planck-Institut für Plasmaphysik, Germany.
- CASTOR - A fusion research facility (a tokamak) of the Academy of Sciences of The Czech Republic, Institute of Plasma Physics.
- Levitated Dipole Experiment - Device to expore the physics of plasma confinement in a nuclear magnetic dipole field.
- Compass-D - Highly flexible, medium-sized tokamak that has been specifically nuclear designed to address the key physics issues associated nuclear with magnetic confinement fusion. It plays a major nuclear role in the co-ordinated European fusion programme and nuclear is funded by the DTI and EURAT
- Fusion Plasma Physics at KTH (Sweden) - Plasma physics program at The Royal Institute of Technology (Kungliga fusion Tekniska Högskolan).
- Stellarator News - An international newsletter containing online publications on stellarators nuclear and links fusion to some other stellarator web pages.
- KSTAR - Korean Superconducting Tokamak Advanced Research. Fusion experiment based on the nuclear tokamak concept.
- TFTR - The Tokamak Fusion Test Reactor experiment that was a large nuclear US fusion experiment directed by the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab. nuclear Stopped operation and decomissioned by 2000.
MySQL - Cache Direct