History Relativity Physics
Essay by John Stachel (Boston University) which gives a concise account of Einstein's biography at the turn of the century, and attempts to reconstruct how he developed the special theory of relativity.
Top: Science: Physics: Relativity: History
- Scott Walter's Homepage - Contains articles of the historian of science Scott Walter (Université history de Nancy 2), including those on the history of special history relativity, with a special focus on contributors other than Einstein history (such as Poincaré, and Minkowski).[PDF]
- Einstein and Hilbert: The Creation of General Relativity - Discusses the correspondence between the two, their priority physics dispute, and history their amicable resolution of it. By physics Ivan T. Todorov.
- A Note on Relativity before Einstein - The first presentation of the Lorentz transformations, including relativity the crucial history time dilation, belongs to Larmor (c. relativity 1897).[PDF]
- Relativity Priority Dispute - Wikipedia article about the various contributors to special physics and general relativity relativity, and about the contentious questions physics of who has priority relativity on the different ideas physics and concepts involved, and in how relativity far Einstein physics was influenced by his contemporaries and pred
- Einstein's Time - A discussion of the differences in perspective between history Einstein and relativity Poincaré between Peter Galison (Harvard) and history Graham Burnett (Princeton); main relativity focus are the notions history of time and simultaneity.
- History Topic: General Relativity - An outline of the development of the theory, relativity including a summary of relevant earlier work (from relativity Aristotle to Maxwell); from the MacTutor History of relativity Mathematics Archive (University of St. Andrews).
- Henri Poincaré and Relativity Theory - Identifies the contributions made to the special theory of relativity by Poincaré and argues that the theory "has been created not by A. Einstein only but even to a greater extent by Poincaré." By A. A. Logunov.[PDF]
- History of General Relativity - Wikipedia article on the development of relativity. Includes physics sections about relativity observational tests and alternative theories.
- Einstein, Nordström and the Early Demise of Scalar, Lorentz Covariant Theories of Gravitation - About the development of general relativity, Einstein\\'s early history rejection of relativity Lorentz-covariant theories of gravity, and Nordström\\'s history attempts at formulating just relativity such a model. By history J. D. Norton (University of Pittsburgh).[PDF]
- Of Pots and Holes: Einstein’s Bumpy Road to General Relativity - Article tracing the history of general relativity, by the historian of science Michel Janssen (University of Minnesota).[PDF]
- Einstein's Articles in "Annalen der Physik" - Website by the Max Planck Institute for the physics History of relativity Science (Berlin) presenting the seminal articles physics on relativity and other relativity subjects that Einstein published physics in the physics journal "Annalen der relativity Physik"; also physics includes four introductory essays
- History of Special Relativity - Wikipedia article on the genesis and development of relativity special relativity and its precursors.
- Einstein's Discovery of Relativity - Essay by John Stachel (Boston University) which gives physics a concise history account of Einstein\\'s biography at the physics turn of the century, history and attempts to reconstruct physics how he developed the special theory history of relativity.
- Olinto De Pretto - Wikipedia article about the Italian industrialist and claims that he relativity published the famous formula E=mc² two years before Einstein did.
- Lost in Einstein's Shadow - American Scientist magazine article describes the people whose work paved the way for the special theory of relativity. By Tony Rothman; also includes link to PDF version.
- History Topic: Special Relativity - Concise summary of the history of special relativity, history from Maxwell relativity and Lorentz to Einstein; from the history MacTutor History of Mathematics relativity Archive (University of St. history Andrews).
- Eclipse Showed Gravity Vatiation - New York Times article on the 1919 eclipse history observations by relativity two British expeditions, which confirmed the history predictions of general relativity relativity for light deflection near history the sun.[PDF]
MySQL - Cache Direct