Cold Reading Skeptical Inquiry Science in Society
"Cold reading" is a set of techniques used by mentalists to extract information from a subject then feeding the information back to them as if the reader had special abilities. Sometimes the term is used loosely to include "warm reading". In warm reading, a mentalist will tell a subject things which would be true of almost anyone, or which almost anyone would like to believe about themselves. (ex. "You have unused potential.")
Top: Science: Science in Society: Skeptical Inquiry: Cold Reading
- Top/Society/Religion and Spirituality/Spiritualism/Mediums and Healers/James Van Praagh
- Top/Arts/Television/Programs/Talk Shows/Crossing Over with John Edward
- Top/Arts/Performing Arts/Magic
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Psychology/Forensics and Law/Polygraphy
- Guide to "Cold Reading" - The Australian Skeptic\\'s 13 point how-to guide to skeptical inquiry cold skeptical inquiry reading.
- Insolitology: So, You Wanna Be a Psychic? - Description of cold reading techniques, with several illustrations from readings by TV psychic John Edwards.
- Cold Reading: The Tricks of the Psychics - Article by William Goldberg on tricks used by skeptical inquiry cult leaders and psychics to prove alleged supernatural skeptical inquiry abilities.
- JREF: The Art of Cold Reading - Article by James Randi about cold reading.
- Skeptic's Dictionary: Cold Reading - Encyclopedia-type article on cold reading techniques.
MySQL - Cache Direct