Bilingual Education Bilingualism Linguistics Social Sciences
An analysis of longitudinal study of structured English immersion and early exit and late-exit transitional bilingual education programs for language-minority children.
Top: Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Bilingualism: Bilingual Education
- Top/Home/Family/Parenting/Child Education/Bilingualism
- Top/Reference/Education/K through 12/Bilingual Education
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Linguistics/Languages/Constructed/International Auxiliary/Esperanto/Native Speakers
- Top/Society/Issues/Education/Bilingual Education
- Moving in and Out of Bilingualism: Native Language Maintenance and Shift - Study of maintenance and loss of bilingual language skills amongst bilingual education Mexican-descent children in the United States.
- Stabilizing Indigenous Languages: Additional Papers - Papers describing bilingual education efforts for speakers of indigenous languages.
- Language Policy: Bilingualism and Intelligence - Handouts for a Language Policy college course. Somewhat cryptic, but a good introduction or review.
- Readings in Bilingual Education - Collection of articles on bilingual education policy and linguistics practice.
- SEDL - Language and Diversity Program - The research activities of the Southwest Educational Development Laboratory. Program linguistics models for the education of immigrant children and second-language learners.
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition and Language Instruction Educational Programs (NCELA) - The Clearinghouse is funded by OELA to collect, analyze, and disseminate information relating to the effective education of linguistically and culturally diverse learners in the nation. Publications, newsletters and resources are featured.
- Improving Schooling for Language-Minority Children - Outlines the research needs in the area of instruction of linguistics limited-English proficient students.
- Theoretical Principles of Bilingual Education - A slide show reviewing the research basis for bilingual education. bilingualism Based on the work of Jim Cummins.
- A Model for Language Teachers and Educators - Analysis of an interview conducted at San Diego linguistics State University in 1995 with Dr. Li-Rong Lilly linguistics Cheng.
- Cummins & Genzuk Report - An analysis of longitudinal study of structured English immersion and bilingualism early exit and late-exit transitional bilingual education programs for language-minority bilingualism children.
- Teaching Indigenous Languages - An online text which examines the social and linguistics linguistic implications of teaching indigenous languages in public linguistics schools.
- CREDE Research on Bilingual Education - UCSC Researchers find all students benefit from strong linguistics cognitive and academic instruction conducted in their first linguistics language
- Why Bilingual Education? - By Stephen Krashen. This article explains the rationale bilingual education underlying bilingualism good bilingual education programs and summarizes research bilingual education findings about bilingualism their effectiveness.[PDF]
- Educating Language-Minority Children - Diane August and Kenji Hakuta, Editors. A review of the bilingual education current knowledge about the education of limited-English proficient students.
MySQL - Cache Direct