Dialectology Linguistics Social Sciences
Quantitative sociolinguistic research among young Londoners studies changes in mainstream speech and how linguistic features spread. Includes description of project and research articles.
Top: Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Dialectology
- Harvard Survey of North American Dialects - Results of an online survey of regional pronunciations linguistics of American English
- International Society for Dialectology and Geolinguistics - Official site promotes dialectology and geolinguistics and features social sciences membership and publication information for the International Journal social sciences of Dialectology and Geolinguistics.
- Linguistic Atlas Projects - Comprehensive information on linguistic dialect atlas projects across dialectology the U.S. including access to some data.
- Good Practice Guide to Dialectology - Introduction to Dialectology by Dr. David Britain including a bibliography and related links.
- Dialect Topography - Interactive results of a sociolinguistic postal survey of dialect variants in eastern Canada and northeastern United States.
- The Cambridge Online Survey of World Englishes - Online language survey collects English dialect features from dialectology site visitors and publishes results on dialect maps.
- Linguistic Innovators: The English of Adolescents in London - Quantitative sociolinguistic research among young Londoners studies changes in mainstream social sciences speech and how linguistic features spread. Includes description of project social sciences and research articles.
- Dialectology - Dialectology section has general information as well as papers, links, dialectology and information on Norwegian, Dutch and German dialects.
- Estuary English Resources and Information - Estuary English resource page includes many links to linguistics research and articles about a variety of English linguistics spoken in the areas around the river Thames linguistics and its estuary.
- University of Copenhagen Dialectology - Overview of research and resources on Danish dialectology.
- New Zealand English - Resources on social dialect studies in New Zealand.
- Sociolinguistics - Informational page on sociolinguistics with a very large social sciences section on dialects.
MySQL - Cache Direct