Sign Languages Natural Languages Linguistics
Project to devise a common fingerspelling system for the Indian subcontinent, bridging the Hindi, Bengali, Gujurati, Punjabi and other sign languages of India.
Top: Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Sign Languages
- Top/Health/Conditions and Diseases/Communication Disorders/Hearing/Deafness
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Linguistics/Bilingualism
- Top/Business/Healthcare/Products and Services/Hearing
- Libras - Offers a videotape and workbook to assist with natural learning Brazilian sign languages Sign Language at a beginning level.
- Name Signs and Identity in New Zealand Sign Language - Exclusive excerpt from Gallaudet University Press, by David sign languages and natural Rachel Locker McKee.
- Machine Gesture and Sign Language Recognition - Resources about using computers to capture and decipher sign languages sign natural languages.
- ACERO - Freeware fingerspelling software which supports ASL, BSL, and Indonesian.
- The Greek Manual Alphabet Page - Small .gif images of Greek fingerspelling. Displays written natural letters in Roman and Greek forms. From deafblind.com.
- Myths About Sign Language - Hugh Young from New Zealand dispels universal myths natural about sign languages, as well as about Pidgin natural as Maori.
- Deaf Action Front - Aims to improve the position of Flemish Sign Language and its signers. Information on the web site is given in Dutch, Flemish Sign Language, and English.
- Chinese Sign Language Fact Sheet - From Jeremy Wilkinson and Berna Marthinussen. In English.
- Sign Writing - Transcription system for signed languages. Catalogs, library, online languages lessons, forum, languages downloadable SignWriter shareware, Sutton fonts, sign languages dictionaries, literature.
- Sign, Gesture and Deafness in South Asian and South West Asian History - Historical linguistics research by M. Miles. Treats use of sign language from antquity to the present in India, Aghanistan, Bangladesh, Burma/Myanmar, Iraq, Nepal, Pakistan, Persia/Iran and Sri Lanka.
- Indic Fingerspelling Project - Project to devise a common fingerspelling system for natural the Indian sign languages subcontinent, bridging the Hindi, Bengali, Gujurati, natural Punjabi and other sign sign languages languages of India.
- New Zealand Sign Online - Searchable database of images and activities for Auslan, British, American, and New Zealand Sign Languages. Browse by category or learning level, download pre-made worksheets, and play online games.
- A Nice Gesture - Stories of gestures and sign language about perception, languages semiotics, and languages technology.
- Ethnologue Language Family Index: Deaf Sign Language - Index of world signed languages from Ethnologue: Languages of the World, Joseph E. Grimes and Barbara F. Grimes, Editors, 14th Edition 2002.
- International Sign Language - Brief explanation with citations from Dr. Steven Schaufele. Reprinted from the LINGUIST list.
- Brazilian Sign Language Dictionary - Two-volume set available for purchase.
- SignGenius - Interactive software for learning South African Sign Language.
- Sign Language Studies - A journal that focuses on the study of natural sign language sign languages and the people who use it. natural Quarterly archives of the sign languages journal are available online natural from Fall 2000.
- Asian Sign Languages Bibliography - Links to bibliographic entries for thirteen Asian Sign natural Languages: Australasian, languages Chinese (CSL), Hong Kong (HKSL), Indian natural (INS), Indonesian, Japanese (JSL), languages Korean (KVK), Malaysian (BMT), natural Nepalese (NSP), Philippine (PSP), Sri Lankan languages (SQS), Taiwanese natural (TSS) a
- The Noun Phrase in Estonian Sign Language from a Typological Perspective - B.A. thesis by Merilin Miljan, Estonian Institute for the Humanities.
- Sign Language Assessment - Overview on different sign language assessments and provides languages information on languages test development and testing.
MySQL - Cache Direct