Juvenile Justice Crime and Justice Issues
PBS Frontline's examination of whether serious young offenders should go to the criminal justice system to be tried as adults, or be handled in the juvenile justice system.
Top: Society: Issues: Crime and Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Top/Society/Law/Legal Information/Juvenile Law
- Top/Society/Crime/Research/Juvenile Justice
- How Tough Should Juvenile Justice Be? - Article from the Christian Science Monitor.
- Juvenile Prosecutors Are Not Criminal Prosecutors - An article arguing that the role of juvenile prosecutors is different from the role of criminal prosecutors.
- National Center for Mental Health and Juvenile Justice - Information arguing the mental health needs of youth in the juvenile justice system are not being met, and suggestions for how to better serve delinquent youth with mental health problems.
- Resources for Change in Juvenile Justice with Young People - Resources on juvenile injustice to motivate young people who aren\\'t locked up to fight for those who are incarcerated.
- Justice for Juveniles - Grass roots group of concerned parents, teachers, legal professionals and juvenile justice others dedicated to ending the prosecution and adjudication of children juvenile justice as adults. Includes current news and forums about specific cases.
- The Beat Within - A publication of writing and art from inside juvenile hall.
- Frontline: Little Criminals - PBS Frontline\\'s report on the treatment of very juvenile justice young crime and justice offenders.
- MacArthur Foundation Research Network on Adolescent Development and Juvenile Justice - Background information and discussions of ongoing investigations on topics such issues as adolescent decision-making and culpability, competence to stand trial, and issues impact of sanctions on juveniles.
- Frontline: Juvenile Justice - PBS Frontline\\'s examination of whether serious young offenders should go to the criminal justice system to be tried as adults, or be handled in the juvenile justice system.
- The National Center on Education, Disability and Juvenile Justice - Information arguing that minors with disabilities are overrepresented in the crime and justice juvenile justice system, and suggestions on how to properly handle crime and justice such cases.
- Youth Violence Risk Assessment - This site provides information on the Structured Assessment of Violence issues Risk in Youth (SAVRY), an applied risk assessment tool for issues use with adolescents. Also provides links to other Youth issues Violence Resources.
- Juveniles Tried and Sentenced as Adults - Links to articles, agencies, organizations and websites dealing with whether crime and justice juveniles should be tried and sentenced as adults.
- Juveniles on Alabama's Death Row. - Information on juveniles on Alabama\\'s death row, and juvenile justice an argument that juveniles should not be executed.
- Race and Outcome of Criminal Cases - Reports portraying juveniles differently may lead to tougher crime and justice issues sentencing recommendations for blacks.
- The W. Haywood Burns Institute - National organization working to reduce overrepresentation of youth of color in the juvenile justice system.
- CYA Goes to Reform School - Article explaining the reforms the California Youth Authority is undertaking juvenile justice following a court settlement, and explaining why California is adopting juvenile justice a Missouri model for youth corrections.
- Juvenile Justice Foundation Of The Carolinas - Advocates fair adjudication for youth being tried as adults. Includes crime and justice research articles and forums, with news about current cases. [Uses crime and justice Flash]
MySQL - Cache Direct