Internet Fraud Issues
Consumer protection service site provides means to register complaints, free ShopAssured download alerts shoppers when entering e-commerce site, free reports on business's consumer performance.
Top: Society: Issues: Fraud: Internet
- Top/Society/Issues/Business/Allegedly Unethical Firms
- Top/Reference/Education/Instructional Technology/Evaluation/Web Site Evaluation
- Top/Society/Issues/Science and Technology/Computers/Internet
Internet Crime Complaint Center - A partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). Alerts for consumers and easy-to-use reporting mechanism for fraud. Formerly the Internet Fraud Complaint Center.
- Hoaxes, Scams and Rip-offs - Basics on hoaxes, scams and rip-offs on the internet internet. How to spot them and where to internet report them. Useful links
- Digital Age Fraud - Central source of information about the Digital Age issues Cyprus MasterCard/Visa internet fraudulent charge.
- Scam Victims United - Information on scams and support from other victims.
- RipOffs.org - Moderated complaints service covering consumer interests, government and politics.
- Hoaxkill - Lists and links identifying Internet virus hoaxes, chain internet letters, urban internet legends, parodies of hoaxes, and discussion internet forum.
- Antiscam.net - Information about avoiding scams involving Eastern European women, issues especially Russian ones.
- GPTBoycott.com - Identifies "Get-Paid-To" websites that don\'t live up to fraud their promises.
- Web Host Scams - Outlines things one should watch out for when fraud signing up fraud with a web host.
- Spam: Where to Complain About Frauds & Scams on the Internet - Links to government, advocacy, and watchdog groups accepting internet consumer complaints issues about Internet fraud and scams.
- Stop-scammers - Information on dating fraud plus an archive of fraud emails, documents internet and pictures. Membership required for some fraud features.
- Junk Email - Resource site for dealing with e-mail scams.
- Money Laundering Fraud - Tracks current fraudulent "money mule" operations operated through the Internet.
- WebAssured - Consumer protection service site provides means to register issues complaints, free issues ShopAssured download alerts shoppers when entering issues e-commerce site, free reports issues on business's consumer performance.
- The Anatomy of Clickbot.A - Provides a detailed case study of the architecture fraud of the internet Clickbot.A botnet that attempted a low-noise fraud click fraud attack against internet syndicated search engines. The fraud botnet of over 100,000 machines was internet controlled using fraud a HTTP-based botmaster.
- Internet Fraud - Department of Justice site includes information defining Internet fraud, what issues to do about it, and where to go to get issues more information.
- VMyths - Extensive resource for identifying and debunking computer virus hoaxes and myths.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation - Common Fraud Schemes - Describes scams to avoid, most of which are internet internet-related.
- Cyber Criminals Most Wanted - Overview of cyber criminal activity that includes safety, fraud security, viruses, issues scams, filtering, encryption, hackers and government fraud legislation.
- An Introduction to Internet Fraud - A introduction explaining many aspects of fraud on internet the internet.
- Cybercrime - Computer crime section of the Department of Justice contains links issues relating to internet commerce, intellectual property crimes, cybercrimes and general issues information.
- PhishBucket - An archive of fraudulent and suspect emails, concentrating on bogus fraud job offers and related topics.
- Easy Background Check - Modeling company background check website.
- Carbuyingtips.com - Fraud Guide - Consumer guide to preventing and fighting eBay, escrow, fraud auto, internet, cashiers check, and Nigerian scams. Tips fraud on how to spot phony escrow companies and fraud report the scammers.
- National Fraud Information Center - Provides a page devoted to Internet fraud.
- Artists Against 419 - Covering advanced fee fraud scams and fake banks.
- How to Avoid Internet Investment Scams - Securities and Exchange Commission information about investment fraud.
- Internet ScamBusters - Extensive information on fraud, scams, hoaxes, urban legends and credit card fraud. Free e-zine and reports.
- The Best Scams - A guide to various scams and fraudulent operations.
- FraudWatchers.Org - An archive of various scams and fraudulent activities, fraud plus a fraud multilingual support forum.
MySQL - Cache Direct