Physics Philosophy of Science
Crucial chapter from Kuhn's famous book outlining how sciences is forced to go through a paradigm-shift, and see the world in terms of a new theory and new concepts.
Top: Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Science: Physics
- Top/Science/Math/Applications/Complex Systems
- Top/Society/Philosophy/Metaphysics/Free Will and Determinism
- Science, Pseudoscience and Society - Papers by Feynman on paranormal \\'sciences\\', Sokal Affair philosophy of science (use of pseudo-physics in social sciences), philosophy of science critique of Kuhn. Also a collection of philosophy of science links.
- Quantum Quackery - Skeptical overview of QM and consciousness connection.
- Review of "The Emperor's New Mind", by Roger Penrose - His exploration is so much more serious philosophically than almost anything that has been done since Einstein and Schrodinger
- INTER-5-CIRCLE: Interdisciplinary Discussion : Biology, QM, .. - Questions at the interface between physics, biology and philosophy philosophy
- Events in History of Physics - Time-lines of thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and symmetry. physics With links to other time-lines and resources.
- Varieties of Explanatory Autonomy - Transcript of a talk by Lawrence Sklar discussing physics areas of physics physics not directly explicable by fundamental physics dynamic principles alone. [PDF][PDF]
- MathPages: Physics - Collection of essays, not always orthodox, but always philosophy lucid, on historical and important current philosophy issues in mathematics and physics.
- Space and Time: Inertial Frames - On the frames of reference relative to which philosophy of science motion and rest are measured; by Robert DiSalle.
- PhilSci Archive - Subject: Physics - Collection of papers on causality, free will etc
- The Bactra Reviews - A set of book and article reviews, not limited to philosophy physics.
- Science and Philosophy - Comprises a high school course that offers source writings for philosophy of science study of the relationship between philosophical and scientific discoveries and philosophy of science personal world-views.
- Philosophy and Foundations - A collection of links, from Norman Redington at MIT.
- Wikipedia - EPR Paradox - Measurement performed on one part of a quantum physics system can have an instantaneous effect on the physics result of a measurement performed on another part. physics Entaglment.
- Shakespeare and Thermodynamics - Dam the Second Law! - What the second law of thermodynamics is all about, and philosophy of science how it is constantly \'dammed\' or blocked by activation energy
- Chronon Critical Points - Scientific applets, articles and book critically examine claims physics made in popular books
- The Mind of God - A review of Paul Davies\\' exposition of foundational philosophy of science philosophical issues.
- Philosophical Foundations of Physics by R. Carnap - Positivist view of Physics, which had influenced the Copenhagen Interpretation of the Quantum mechanics (CI).
- Philosophy of Physics - A collection of articles and notes from Soshichi philosophy of science philosophy of science Uchii, at Kyoto University.
- A Simple Theory of Consciousness - Essay on evolution and consciousness by Piero Scaruffi.
- Kuhn's Structure of Scientific Revolutions - Crucial chapter from Kuhn\\'s famous book outlining how sciences is forced to go through a paradigm-shift, and see the world in terms of a new theory and new concepts.
- A New Kind of Science by Stephen Wolfram - Science from the point of view of complex systems: from the origins of apparent randomness in physical systems, to the development of complexity in biology.
- Experiment in Physics - On the uses, value, and epistomelogy of experiment. philosophy of science philosophy of science By Allan Franklin, University of Colorado.
- A New Kind of Science - critical review - Detailed and critical review by Ray Kurzweil philosophy of science philosophy of the book by Stephen Wolfram.
- Identity and Individuality in Quantum Theory - Assesses the metaphysical implications of quantum theory by considering the philosophy impact of the theory on our understanding of objects as philosophy individuals with well defined identity conditions. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, philosophy by Steven French.
MySQL - Cache Direct