Ireland Castles Fortifications Building Types
The official site supplies photographs and chronology of the castle, home to Lord and Lady Rosse, which is not open to the public. The early 17th-century castle was built around a medieval gate-house.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Fortifications: Castles: Ireland
- King John's Castle - An illustrated history from Earthlore Ireland of the medieval fortress fortifications in Limerick built to guard the Shannon frontier. Includes discoveries fortifications from 1990s excavations.
- Swords Castle, Co Dublin - Fiona O\\'Raw provides history and photographs of the Norman and fortifications medieval castle of the Archbishop of Dublin. Also the 9th-century fortifications Round Tower. From Around Swords.
- Birr Castle Demesne - The official site supplies photographs and chronology of the castle, home to Lord and Lady Rosse, which is not open to the public. The early 17th-century castle was built around a medieval gate-house.
- Tynte's Castle - An urban medieval tower house in Youghal, County Cork. An ireland illustrated history, details of its restoration and plans and elevations ireland from owner Daniel McCarthy.
- Castles of Galway - Patrick Larkin\\'s photographs of the ancient medieval castles, tower-houses and fortified mansions of County Galway, Ireland.
- Blarney Castle - Ireland Interactive provides images and brief history of this medieval ireland castle, famed for its Blarney Stone. Visitor information.
- O'Dea Castle - Irish 15th-century castle built by Diarmuid O\\'Dea in castles County Clare. fortifications Photograph and description of the Battle castles of Dysert O\'Dea. Tripod fortifications pop-up banners.
MySQL - Cache Direct