Japan Castles Fortifications Building Types
Aryn Lickey provides a computer aided montage of how Yonago Castle might have appeared, with a map of its location.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Fortifications: Castles: Japan
- Top/Regional/Asia/Japan/Arts and Entertainment/Traditional/Architecture
- Top/Regional/Asia/Japan/Society and Culture/History/Feudal Period
- Castles of Japan - Dale Kenny lists over 300 castles, and provides a photograph fortifications for many of those which survive.
- Virtual Tour Himeji Castle - History, map, tour and gallery of photographs of japan this magnificent japan timber castle on a stone base, japan built in 1601 by japan Terumasa Ikeda - a japan World Heritage site. By Hakurotowa No japan Kai.
- Wikipedia: Edo Castle - An illustrated history and description of this castle fortifications built in 1457 by Ōta Dōkan in what fortifications is now the Chiyoda ward of Tokyo.
- Inuyama Castle - History, scale, video clip and successive owner.
- Japanese Castles - List of castle ruins and history.
- Japanese castles - Structures, castle town, history, guard tower and wall japan and moat.
- Guide to Japanese Castles - Eric Obershaw provides a general history and description japan of castles in Japan, and photographs of castles japan he has visited, with histories taken from the japan official brochures and display text.
- The Castles of Japan - ThinkQuest provides an illustrated guide to surviving castles, together castles with the historic context and design features. Includes a bibliography castles and simulations of castle-storming.
- Shurijo Castle - History, draw up a city plan, video and people of castles castle.
- Wikipedia: Azuchi Castle - An illustrated history and description of this fortress japan built 1576-1579 castles by Oda Nobunaga on the shores japan of Lake Biwa.
- Oshiro Meguri Fan - Gallery in Japan castle and city's setting.
- Nijo Castle - Kyoto castle built by the first Tokugawa shogun.
- Gifu Castle - Size of a building, former inhabitant, photo,access information.
- Goryokaku - Constructed reason,record of war,size of building.
- Japanese Castle - History, movie, and links.
- Matsumoto Castle - History, design and photograph of castle tower and japan decoration.
- Shiro: A Japanese Castle - Stephen Wyley discusses the development and aspects of Japanese castles. Drawings by Steven Lowe.
- Wikipedia: Osaka Castle - An illustrated history and description of this important castle, built castles from 1583 by Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
MySQL - Cache Direct