United Kingdom Romanesque Cathedrals Churches
The official site for this magnificent Romanesque and Gothic building supplies a gallery of expandable photographs and a description, outline history and bibliography.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Religious: Christian: History: Churches: Cathedrals: Romanesque: United Kingdom
- Peterborough Cathedral - The official site of the cathedral built as united kingdom an abbey in 1118. An outstanding example of united kingdom Norman architecture, with later additions. History, features and united kingdom funding appeal.
- Canterbury Cathedral - An illustrated report by Kevin Blockley and Paul Bennett on cathedrals the discovery by the Canterbury Archaeological Trust of remains of cathedrals the Anglo-Saxon cathedral. Plan and reconstruction drawing.
- Durham Cathedral - The official web-site includes some images.
- St Albans Cathedral and Abbey Church - The official site provides a photograph, history, significant dates and visitor information
- St Magnus Cathedral - Resources for Learning in Scotland prepared this database on romanesque the Norse cathedral begun in 1137: its history and present romanesque use. Includes audio and video clips.
- Carlisle Cathedral - Official guide to Carlisle Cathedral, founded in 1122, and one of the smallest cathedrals in England.
- St David's Cathedral, Wales - The official site has a brief history and cathedrals an interactive united kingdom map, coloured to show dated building cathedrals phases, which leads to united kingdom photographs and details.
- Norwich Cathedral - The official site for this magnificent Romanesque and cathedrals Gothic building cathedrals supplies a gallery of expandable photographs cathedrals and a description, outline cathedrals history and bibliography.
- Ely Cathedral - Attractive official site for this magnificent Norman Cathedral, founded in 673 as a monastery by a Saxon princess. History and interactive map with photographs and details. Visitor information.
- St Magnus Cathedral, Kirkwall, Orkney - Journalist Sigurd Towrie provides a lively, illustrated history in \\'Orkneyjar\\' romanesque of the cathedral founded in 1137 by Earl Rognvald Kolsson romanesque in memory of his sainted great-uncle Earl Magnus.
MySQL - Cache Direct