United Kingdom Romanesque Churches History
The official site for this church dedicated to St Cuthburga, who founded a nunnery in Wimborne c.705. The present church is mainly Norman. Outline history included.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Religious: Christian: History: Churches: Romanesque: United Kingdom
- Top/Arts/Architecture/Building Types/Religious/Christian/History/Churches/United Kingdom
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Archaeology/Periods and Cultures/Medieval/Anglo-Saxon
- Kilpeck, Herefordshire - Peter Evans gives a description and photographs of this superb romanesque Norman church, with bibliography.
- Monkwearmouth Parish - The parish web-site provides a history and photographs united kingdom of churches the ancient church of St Peter, founded united kingdom 674, though churches much rebuilt in the 1870s.
- The Discovery of Anglo-Saxon Architecture - An illustrated article from the Ecclesiological Society about churches the work romanesque of Thomas Rickman - the first churches to recognise the Anglo-Saxon romanesque style of architecture - churches at Barton-on-Humber.
- Breedon and Worthington, Leicestershire - The official site includes a detailed history, description churches and bibliography by Brian Williams of the Saxon churches church of Breedon-on-the-Hill, notable for its sculptures. Plan churches and drawings.
- St. Laurence Church, Bradford-on-Avon - Photographs, plan, history, discussion and bibliography on this romanesque Anglo-Saxon chapel romanesque by Stephanie James from Britannia Internet romanesque Magazine.
- Earls Barton, Northamptonshire - Many photographs with short descriptions, particularly of the united kingdom famous churches Anglo-Saxon tower of All Saints church.
- Odda's Chapel, Deerhurst - Photograph and brief history of this tiny Anglo-Saxon churches chapel built united kingdom by Odda, Earl of the Hwicce, churches by David Nash Ford united kingdom from Britannia Internet Magazine.
- The Friends of Deerhurst Church - Provide a history of this major Anglo-Saxon church. churches The Friends romanesque support an academic annual lecture which churches is subsequently published. Details romanesque of events and publications.
- Wimborne Minster - The official site for this church dedicated to St Cuthburga, churches who founded a nunnery in Wimborne c.705. The present church churches is mainly Norman. Outline history included.
- The Shrine Church of Saint Melangell - This simple Romanesque church at Pennant Melangell, Wales, houses the romanesque relics of an Irish saint. Photographs, plan with historical notes, romanesque the legend of the saint, visitor information.
- St. Mary's Church, Sompting - Photographs, models, history, discussion and bibliography on this Anglo-Saxon church by Stephanie James and David Nash Ford from Britannia Internet Magazine.
- St Laurence's Chapel at Bradford-on-Avon - Southampton University explains its work on one of romanesque the best-preserved romanesque Anglo-Saxon churches. History, architecture, excavation, interpretation romanesque and computer-based reconstructions.
- All Saints' Church, Brixworth - Photographs, plan, model, history, discussion and bibliography on united kingdom this romanesque Anglo-Saxon church by Stephanie James from Britannia united kingdom Internet Magazine.
- St John Baptist, Berkswell, near Coventry - Norman church with a two-storey timber-framed porch added romanesque in the romanesque 16th century. Photographs and brief history.
- St Nicholas Church, Sturry - A descriptive tour around this Norman church with romanesque Gothic additions and Tudor porch.
- Saxon Churches in Sussex - Martin Snow outlines the arrival of Christianity in romanesque Sussex and looks at each church. Includes scholarly romanesque articles from the Sussex Archaeological Collections, plans, drawings romanesque and photographs.
- St Mary's Priory Church, Deerhurst - Photographs and history of this Anglo-Saxon church by David Nash Ford from Britannia Internet Magazine.
- Bradwell-on-Sea, St Peter's Chapel, Essex - Comprehensive site devoted to this important small chapel which was built by St Cedd as a cathedral around 654, using the site of an old Roman fort.
- Anglo-Saxon Churches in Britain - David Nash Ford introduces the topic in Britannia Internet Magazine. Links to pages on specific churches.
- Sompting, Sussex, St Mary's Church - A tour around this historic church, accompanied by romanesque many expandable photographs.
- Saint Marys Church, Houghton-on-the-Hill, Swaffham - Details the discovery and restoration of this Anglo-Saxon united kingdom church, romanesque which has revealed unique Holy Trinity wall united kingdom paintings.
- All Saints, Thorpe Abbotts - Describes this interesting church in Norfolk with its romanesque round tower churches and some Saxon or Norman features. romanesque History, description and photographs churches of the interior, exterior romanesque and churchyard. Also gives a calendar churches of events romanesque and some information on the Friends of Thor
- St Andrew's Church, Nether Wallop - The church which can boast the only Anglo churches Saxon wall united kingdom painting to survive in situ. History churches and photographs.
- The Saxon Church in the Village of Wing - Photographs and location map of one of the oldest churches in the United Kingdom.
MySQL - Cache Direct