Duccio di Buoninsegna Artists Art History
Duccio di Buoninsegna (1255-1319) was an Italian painter, a precursor of the Renaissance style, who brought to perfection the art of medieval Italy in the Byzantine tradition. Duccio was the founder of the Sienese school of painting. Duccio's most famous and only signed work is the Maestà (1308-1311), a huge altarpiece painted on both sides, made for the cathedral of Siena; now most of it is displayed in the cathedral's museum.
Top: Arts: Art History: Artists: D: Duccio di Buoninsegna
- CGFA: Duccio di Buoninsegna - Image gallery and artist\'s biography from MS Encarta '97.
- Catholic Encyclopedia: Duccio di Buoninsegna - Artist's biography.
- The Frick Collection: Duccio: Temptation of Christ on the Mountain - Story about the artist's masterpiece.
- The Life of Duccio by Vasari - Excerpts from the biography of the artist by famous Giorgio artists Vasari.
- Web Gallery of Art: Duccio di Buoninsegna - Collection of images and artist's biography.
- Olga's Gallery: Duccio di Buoninsegna - Comprehensive collection of images with artist\\'s biography and duccio di buoninsegna historical comments.
- Christus Rex: Duccio di Buoninsegna - A virtual gallery of the artist\'s most famous artists paintings.
- The Columbia Encyclopedia: Duccio di Buoninsegna - Artist's biography.
- Duccio and the Art of Siena - Article about the artist\\'s art and a comparison of his d works with Giotto's.
- Duccio di Buoninsegna - Artist's image gallery.
MySQL - Cache Direct