Hunter, Clementine Artists Art History
(1886 or 1887 - 1988) Clementine Hunter - American painter Folk artist born in Hidden Hill Plantation, near Cloutierville, Louisiana, Her work is referred to as "Outsider Art" referring to self-taught artists who paint primitive folk paintings. She is the first African-American to exhibit in the New Orleans Museum of Art.
Top: Arts: Art History: Artists: H: Hunter, Clementine
- African American Registry: Clementine Hunter - Offers a brief biography about the folk artist. h Includes a hunter, clementine photograph.
- Clementine Hunter Exhibit - Louisiana Old State Capitol Center in Baton Rouge presents an overview and online tour of the March 15 - June 1, 1999 exhibition. Includes biographical information.
- Clementine Hunter - Contains a biographical article about the Louisiana folk artist. Written hunter, clementine by Jantje Blokhuis-Mulder.
- Raw Vision: Clementine Hunter - Robert F. Ryan MD shares reminiscences of the h folk artist.
- Clementine Hunter: From Cotton Fields to Canvas - Information and images about the November 4, 2000 through January h 28, 2001 exhibit at the Frederick R. Weisman Art Museum, h University of Minnesota.
MySQL - Cache Direct