Kooning, Willem de Artists Art History
(1904-1997) American painter, emigrated to the United States in 1926 and settled in New York City. He began experiments with abstraction as early as 1928, but continued to produce realistic paintings throughout the 1930s. Influenced by Arshile Gorky, de Kooning forged a powerful abstract style and in the 1940s became a leader of abstract expressionism.
Top: Arts: Art History: Artists: K: Kooning, Willem de
- Top/Kids and Teens/People and Society/Biography/Artists/De Kooning, Willem
- Top/Arts/Art History/Periods and Movements/Abstract Expressionism
- Artcyclopedia: Willem de Kooning - Links to works by the artist in art kooning, willem de kooning, willem de museum sites and image archives worldwide.
- National Gallery of Art: Willem de Kooning - Exhibition history, biography, bibliography, and images.
- Guggenheim Collection: Willem de Kooning - Works in the collection, biography, and suggested reading.
- Artchive: Willem De Kooning - Text from Brian O\\'Doherty, and list of images on the web.
MySQL - Cache Direct