Weaving Textiles Crafts
Located in Washington, DC, the Textile Museum is dedicated to furthering the understanding of mankind's creative achievements in the textile arts. The museum's calendar, exhibitions, and shop are available.
Top: Arts: Crafts: Textiles: Weaving
- Paul O'Connor Double Weave Notebooks - Photos and explanation of doubleweave from the weaver\'s crafts books.
- Inkle Weaving - Instructions, pictures, patterns, and resources.
- Santa Fe School of Weaving - List of classes and workshops, also supplies available.
- Brunold Software - Db-Weben is software for handweavers. Free demo version textiles available.
- Saori Hand-weaving of New England - A site promoting the form of weaving from crafts Japan known as Saori. Lessons available in crafts Worcester, MA.
- Crazy As A Loom Weaving Studio - Studio tour and hand wovens including portage fluff rugs, placemats, textiles blue jean rugs, scarves, shawls, and table runners.
- Snail Trail Handweavers - Makers of handwoven rugs, hangings, and fabrics. Offers residential and non-residential courses in weaving, spinning, and dyeing.
- Northup Studio - Information on beginning and continuing weaving courses, a Central Oregon crafts Fiber Arts Calendar, instructor profiles and class outlines.
- School of Rio Grande Weaving Traditions - At Tierra Wool Los Ojos Handweavers in northern crafts New Mexico. textiles Includes curriculum and schedule.
- Weaving Art Museum and Research Institute (WAMRI) - Online virtual galleries present changing exhibitions of masterpieces of textile weaving art from the eastern Mediterranean.
- Taniko Weaving - Gallery and information on New Zealand Maori weaving, a twined weaving method of creating native geometric designs by artist Judy Shorten.
- Spinning Down Under - Information on small loom building, weaving how-to, projects, and textile crafts craft links.
- The Textile Museum - Located in Washington, DC, the Textile Museum is dedicated to weaving furthering the understanding of mankind\\'s creative achievements in the textile weaving arts. The museum\'s calendar, exhibitions, and shop are available.
- Bonnie Tarses - Textile designer specializing in one-of-a-kind and custom handwovens. crafts Trademark techniques include color horoscope weaving, words crafts in color, and easy ikat.
- Blazing Shuttles Handweaving - Kathrin Weber Scott\\'s handweaving and hand-dyeing images and process information. Fiber Classes offered to Guilds and Art/Craft Schools.
- Gill Back's Weaving - Spinner and weaver with a gallery of handwoven crafts rugs, cushion covers, wall hangings, shawls and scarfs.
- Silk Art Foundation - Produces Renaissance velvet and brocades in Florence, Italy. crafts Information crafts on master courses offered, history and crafts techniques.
- Ralph Griswold's Digital Weaving Archive - A collection of out-of-print documents on weaving, textile textiles manufacture, design and pattern.
- Interactive Tartan Weaver - A tool which allows the user to design crafts a tartan by choosing a stripe sequence from crafts a selection of colours.
- Melentine - Free weaving projects aimed at the beginning weaver.
- Tim's Rudimentary Treadle Reducer - A calculator to find a skeleton tie-up to reduce the number of treadles required for a weaving pattern.
- WeaveCast - Monthly radio show broadcast via the web focusing on topics and stories of weavers of all skill levels and experience.
- Weaving in Beauty - Information on Navajo weaving and culture including events, weaving educational opportunities, textiles bibliography and advice on purchasing textiles.
- Fibrearts Online - Weaving - Directory of sites for exploring weaving on the crafts web.
- 1999 Midwest Weavers Association Conference - Gallery of works and information on teachers who crafts taught at this conference.
- Telia Rumal, Double Ikats of South India - Exhibit entitled "An Endangered Species". Covers techniques, textiles history, culture, and styles.
- Linda Hartshorn, handweaver, dyer - An online portfolio of Linda\\'s work, information on weaving classes textiles and workshops.
- MayanCulture.com - Promotes Mayan weaving. Describes materials, techniques and patterns.
- Scalpay Linen - Spinners, weavers and dyers of linen and wool crafts based in weaving the Outer Hebrides.
- 21st Century Art - Online exhibition of fabric making and embellishment, with crafts emphasis on grid-based designs.
- Pam Hutley: tapestry weaver - This site deals with the activities of the Australian fabric artist Pam Hutley.
- Blackdown Hills Natural Fibres - Group of fibre farmers, processors and users working crafts with Alpaca, Cashmere, Mohair and wool products.
- Fibreholics - New Zealand weaver displays galleries of textiles woven from yarn, silk, woll, cotton, linen and possum.
- Walster Weavers - A Shetland group handweaving wool and other fibres on handlooms, producing clothing, accessories and home items.
- Loop of the Loom - Hand weaving studio in New York City, specializing in Japanese textiles Saori method. Includes schedule of upcoming events, classes and online textiles gallery.
- Weavezine - Free online weaving magazine with articles for weavers textiles of all crafts levels, providing inspiration and information on textiles techniques.
MySQL - Cache Direct