Listening and Speaking Student Resources English as a Second Language
Interviews with native speakers from around the world combined with a glossary and comprehension exercises and lesson plans. Requires paid subscription and MP3 format audio capability.
Top: Arts: Education: Language Arts: English: English as a Second Language: Student Resources: Listening and Speaking
- ESL Podcasts - English podcasts in MP3 format, designed to help listening and speaking improve business English conversation as well as daily listening and speaking conversation. Each podcast includes a script, an listening and speaking analysis of the vocabulary and phrases used, and listening and speaking a comment section.
- ESL Radio Show - Audio files in MP3 format made by English listening and speaking student resources teachers and students from around the world, designed listening and speaking student resources to improve listening comprehension. Short descriptions available. listening and speaking student resources New submissions accepted from general public.
- Listening ESL - Targeted towards advanced students. Audio files and transcripts of fables, conversations, numbers and the English alphabet. Utilizes on-screen MP3 players.
- eViews - Interviews with native speakers from around the world listening and speaking combined with a glossary and comprehension exercises and listening and speaking lesson plans. Requires paid subscription and MP3 format listening and speaking audio capability.
- Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab - Listening practice for students. Improve comprehension skills through listening and speaking practice, self-grading quiz pages, and study material. Requires listening and speaking RealAudio or Divace.
- American Accent Program - American pronunciation practice through a focus on vowel student resources sounds, english as a second language consonant sounds, and intonation. Free 20-minute student resources demo available english as a second language in MP3 format. Full download student resources available for a english as a second language fee.
- Focus on English - Helps learners practice idiomatic expressions and everyday phrases listening and speaking used in conversation.
- Infosquares.com - Short clips from contemporary movies and popular television shows to test listening comprehension. Students can take a short quiz following each clip and check their own answers. Designed for intermediate to advanced levels.
- Listening For ESL Students - Listening quizzes, dictation activities and listening comprehension exercises.
- ESL Department at Okanagan University College - Interactive and TOEIC preparation exercises, sample exercises from english as a second language Canadian Concepts book series and grammar lessons on english as a second language video. Many require QuickTime.
- American Accent Training - Guidance on intonation, word connections and pronunciation of listening and speaking listening and speaking American English. Contains some listening practice.
- ESL Podcards - Spoken \\'postcards\\' from all over the world. Exercises student resources and english as a second language transcripts included. High and low difficulty level.
- Fonetiks - Pronunciation guides to 9 varieties of the English english as a student resources second language language using instant mouseover sound.
- Sounds of English - Pronunciation exercises for learners of American English, printable worksheets in PDF, handouts, teacher tips for class pronunciation activities.
- ESL Radio - Listening practice programs made by teachers and students from Australia. english as a second language Quizzes, gap fills, chat rooms and music.
- The English Desk - English podcasts with text from Canada for ESL english as a second language listening and pronunciation practice.
- ESL-Lounge Listening - Audio files in mp3 format divided into four levels of english as a second language difficulty. A short quiz for each file is available. english as a second language Transcripts included.
- UGoEigo ESL Phonics Video Podcast - Short video lessons to show natural pronunciation of English phonetics student resources and everyday phrases, as well as natural mouth posture when student resources producing them. Explanations available in English, German, Spanish, French, student resources Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, and Chin
- English Listening for Japanese People - Everyday English phrases listed by topic. Each phrase includes english as a second language an audio file in MP3 format. Pronunciation guides and english as a second language explanations translated for Japanese learners of the English language.
- English Listening Practice - Stories in MP3 format designed to improve listening student resources comprehension listening and speaking of basic to intermediate grammatical structures and student resources idiomatic expressions.
- English ESL Learning by 5 Steps 2 English - Tips and advice for Cambodian students to improve listening and speaking English speaking, reading, listening and writing. Includes listening and speaking podcasts made by teachers and students, and a listening and speaking forum to discuss issues and topics related to listening and speaking study.
- Learning Oral English OnIine - Dialogues in Real Audio format for intermediate students listening and speaking student resources to improve listening and comprehension skills.
- English Listening Language Lab Online - Listening samples of English speakers from around the world with listening and speaking transcripts and interactive quizzes.
- The Learning Edge - An interactive learning through listening area. Features news english as a second language stories with animated video, text and audio. No english as a second language special software required.
- VOA News - The Voice of America (VOA) is an international english as a second language multimedia broadcasting service funded by the U.S. Government. english as a second language Uses simple words and sentences in these particular english as a second language broadcasts.
- Listen to English Online - Dictations, jokes, quizzes and famous quotes with explanations for ESL students.
- Basic English Class Listening Practice - Audio files of songs, poems, fables, and stories are presented along with explanations of vocabulary.
- Language Learning: English and Chinese - Offers interactive exercises with pictures and pronunciation practice designed for children and beginners. Requires RealAudio and Internet Explorer.
- Ship or Sheep - Pronunciation practice by comparing pairs of words that begin or end with the same consonant but use different vowel sounds. Audio can be heard by positioning mouse over a term. International phonetic alphabet symbols are included for each word pair.
MySQL - Cache Direct