Reading Recovery Reading Instruction Language Arts Education
Reading Recovery is a short-term intervention of one-on-one tutoring for low-achieving first graders. In Reading Recovery, individual students receive a half-hour lesson each school day for 12 to 20 weeks with a specially trained Reading Recovery teacher.
Top: Arts: Education: Language Arts: Reading Instruction: Reading Recovery
- Top/Reference/Education/Products and Services/Reading
Reading Recovery Council of North America - News articles, membership information and upcoming events.
- South Carolina Department of Education - Teacher nomination and application forms from the Office of Curriculum language arts and Standards.
- Reading Excellence Grant - Vermont - Information on the plan and grant application details.[PDF]
- Reading Excellence Grant - Kansas - Information on obtaining the grant and state application.[PDF]
- National Data Evaluation Center - NDEC processes evaluation research data for the United reading instruction States. reading instruction Provides methodological documentation, and allows data entry reading instruction by teachers.
- Just the Facts - AVKO Dyslexia - Spelling Research Foundation presents a reading instruction summary reading recovery of critical research.
- An Evaluation of Costs and Benefits - A paper which examines the cost-effectiveness of the Reading Recovery language arts approach and finds it lacking.
- U.S. Department of Education - Progress of Education in the United States of reading instruction America language arts - 1990 through 1994
- Reading Recovery National Network - U.K. Institute of Education explain how teachers can reading recovery turn young children into fluent effective readers.
- Reading Excellence Grant - Kentucky - Kentucky legislation provides detailed information for the plan.[PDF]
- NRRF - Phonological Processing Study - Examines the relationship between the development of phonological language arts processing skills and the effectiveness of the intervention.
- Research in Reading Recovery - A collection of academic research about the effectiveness reading instruction of language arts the Reading Recovery approach.
- ERIC Digest - This ERIC Digest discusses elements of the program, language arts describes a typical lesson, addresses the importance of language arts teacher education, reviews the existing literature in the language arts ERIC database, and discusses cost effectiveness.
- Arkansas Comprehensive Early Literacy Model - This design for school change includes the intervention language arts as a major component.
- NRRF - San Diego Research Project - Compares the academic performance students in San Diego based on reading instruction norm reference tests and literacy assessment portfolios.
- Reading Recovery Overview - An overview of the intervention as written by educators from reading recovery the University of California San Bernadino.
- Teachers.Net - Remedial Reading/Reading Recovery chatboard
- Heinemann - Publisher of many works by the intervention\'s founder, Marie Clay.
- Research Monograph - A summary of evidence prior to 1996 documenting language arts the success of the intervention.
- NRRF - Observations on Reading Recovery - An evaluation of books published by Marie Clay.
- Education Commission of the States - Review of the intervention with bibliography
MySQL - Cache Direct