Elizabethan Drama Literature
An overview of Elizabethan Theatre; covers regulation and licensing of plays, objections to playhouses, companies of actors, and composition and ownership of plays.
Top: Arts: Literature: Drama: Elizabethan
- Top/Arts/Performing Arts/Theatre/Shakespeare
- Top/Arts/Literature/World Literature/British/16th Century
- Top/Arts/Literature/World Literature/British/Renaissance/Drama
- Top/Arts/Literature/Drama/16th Century
- Top/Arts/Literature/World Literature/British/17th Century
- Top/Arts/Literature/Drama/17th Century
- Shakespeare's Stage - Examines the development of the theatres and stages from Medieval drama to Shakespeare's time.
- British Graduate Shakespeare Conference - Details of the annual Conference, at the Shakespeare drama Institute Stratford where postgraduate students submit work on drama Shakespeare and his contemporary dramatists. Includes the text drama of papers delivered.
- The Elizabethan Theatre - An illustrated lecture on the development of the literature Elizabethan theatre, elizabethan covering both playhouses and the dramas literature performed.
- Pilgrimage and the Early Modern Stage - An essay which discusses references to pilgrimage in Elizabethan and drama Jacobean plays.
- Puritanism and the Theatre - An essay considering the reasons behind the Puritan opposition to drama the Early Modern theatre.
- Condemnation of Elizabethan Theater - An examination of attempts by the Puritans and drama the London drama Corporation to shut down the theaters, drama as well as the drama royal protection which allowed drama the theaters to thrive.
- Records of Early English Drama (REED) - Collection of Renaissance and Medieval drama and related works.
- Biographical Index of English Drama Before 1660 - Detailed listing of people involved with the Early modern theatre.
- Elizabethan Era Historical Lecture - Review of Surveillance, Militarism and Drama in the elizabethan era of literature Shakespeare and Marlowe. Background for historical elizabethan plays.
- Ancient Rome and English Renaissance Theatre - The two matters considered in depth are drama the relationship literature between the design of performance arenas drama in Elizabethan England and literature those of Ancient Rome, drama and Early Modern Plays with a literature Roman theme.
- London's disreputable South Bank - In an essay entitled \\'Wrong Side of the River,\\' Jessica elizabethan Browner considers London\\'s disreputable south bank in the sixteenth elizabethan and seventeenth century.
- 16th Century Theatre Database - An archive of articles on sixteenth century theatre.
- Poems by 16th Century Dramatists - An index of poems by some of the drama most important dramatists of the sixteenth century, including drama William Shakespeare, Torquato Tasso, and Lope de Vega.
- Elizabethan Playhouses, Actors, and Audiences - An overview of Elizabethan Theatre; covers regulation and licensing of literature plays, objections to playhouses, companies of actors, and composition and literature ownership of plays.
MySQL - Cache Direct