Anglo-Latin Writings Anglo-Saxon British World Literature
Written by a monk or nun at Whitby. Excerpts from the Latin text together with modern English translations of the excerpts. Includes link to manuscript images.
Top: Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: Anglo-Saxon: Anglo-Latin Writings
- Latin Writings in England to the Time of Alfred - Describes the Latin works produced by English authors up to anglo-saxon King Alfred\\'s reign. Covers Gildas, Nennius, Aldhelm, Bede, Alcuin, and anglo-saxon other authors.
- The Earliest Life of St Gregory the Great - Written by a monk or nun at Whitby. Excerpts from anglo-saxon the Latin text together with modern English translations of the anglo-saxon excerpts. Includes link to manuscript images.
- Huneberc of Heidenheim. Prologue to the Hodoeporicon of St. Willibald - Modern English translation of the prologue to Huneberc\\'s Latin narrative anglo-saxon of St. Willibald's travels.
- Asser. Life of King Alfred - Modern English translation of Asser\'s Latin biography of british King Alfred.
- The Chronicle of Ethelwerd - Modern English translation of a chronicle written in anglo-saxon Latin by a descendant of King Alfred\\'s brother. anglo-saxon From the Internet Medieval Sourcebook.
MySQL - Cache Direct