Boyce, William Composers Composition Music
English composer William Boyce was part of the movement from the Baroque to the Classical period. Along with his music writing, he is remembered as a musicologist who kept alive much of the religious music of earlier days, including that of Byrd, Gibbons and Purcell, in his completion and publication of Cathedral Music, which had been begun by his mentor and friend Maurice Green.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: B: Boyce, William
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/English
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/G/Greene, Maurice
- Top/Society/Religion and Spirituality/Christianity/Music/Hymns/Authors and Composers
- Boyce, William - Biography with education and early singing, organ posts, and compositional boyce, william output, especially vocal and including hymns. From the Grove Concise boyce, william Dictionary of Music entry at WQXR radio.
- Boyce, William (1711 - 1779), United Kingdom - Biographical data, recommended CDs, books and sheet music, boyce, william bibliography, composers and link to biographical essay from Dr. boyce, william Estrella\'s Incredibly composers Abridged Dictionary of Composers.
- Classical Net - Basic Repertoire List - Boyce - Biography; recommended recordings.
- William Boyce - Biography, discography, and links to other 18th century boyce, william music and composers.
- William Boyce (1711-1779) - Brief biography and caricature with summaries of instrumental b and vocal and choral music with recommended recording.
MySQL - Cache Direct