Caccini, Francesca Composers Composition Music
Few works of Italian Baroque composer Francesca Caccini (1587-1640) have survived, with the notable exception of the opera La liberazione di Ruggiero dall'isola d'Alcina (The Liberation of Ruggiero from the island of Alcina), which was the first opera to gain widespread popularity. She is known as the first female composer of opera.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: C: Caccini, Francesca
- Top/Arts/Music/Women in Music/Composers
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Caccini Family
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/Italian
- Francesca Caccini (1587-c1640) - Art song listing at recmusic.org with Italian text.
- Caccini, Francesca - Biography with family and background information and noted c works from the Grove Concise Dictionary of Music c entry at WQXR radio.
- Francesca Caccini - Biographies of the woman called "La Cecchina" (the c Songird) noting c abilities as vocalist, instrumentalist, and composer c from the Here Of c A Sunday Morning radio c program.
MySQL - Cache Direct