Clarke, Rebecca Composers Composition Music
Rebecca Clarke (1886-1979) enjoyed a long career as a professional violist as well as a composer. She was the first female composition student of Sir Charles Stanford, and was one of the first women admitted into the Queen's Hall Orchestra. She also often used the pen name "Anthony Trent" to get some of her music published.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: C: Clarke, Rebecca
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Early 20th Century
- Top/Arts/Music/Instruments/Stringed/Bowed Strings/Viola/Violists
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/English
- Top/Arts/Music/Women in Music/Composers
- Rebecca Clarke (1886-1979) - Song cycles and miscellaneous songs listed at recmusic.org, c several with English texts.
- Clarke, Rebecca - Brief musical biography noting her musicianship, education, work in England and the United States, and summary of compositions from the Grove Concise Dictionary of Music entry at WQXR radio.
MySQL - Cache Direct