Countertenors Classical Singers Vocal
American haute-contre. Appears regularly in concert, opera, jazz, theatre, studio, and chamber music setting. His performances include principal light lyric tenor roles in thirty operas, musicals, and plays.
Top: Arts: Music: Vocal: Singers: Classical: Countertenors
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/E/Early Music/Performers/Vocal and Choral
- Top/Arts/Music/Vocal/Singers/Voice Types
- Visse, Dominique - French countertenor. Especially known for his work in baroque opera but also performs contemporary music frequently.
- Gall, Jeffrey - American countertenor. Particularly known for solo roles in classical baroque and classical contemporary opera. In 1988, he was classical the first countertenor to classical sing a major role classical at the Metropolitan Opera. He\\'s a classical founding member classical of the Italian vocal ensemble Il Terzo Suono.
- Del Pozo, Rodrigo - Chilean haute-contre. He has performed with most of countertenors the leading classical baroque groups. Site contains several reviews, countertenors including some from Goldberg, classical Gramophone and BBC.
- Oberlin, Russell - American haute-contre. Sang music of various types but countertenors emphasized early singers music. He was a founding member countertenors of Greenberg\\'s New York singers Pro Musica. Operatic roles countertenors include appearances at the Royal Opera singers House and countertenors Convent Garden.
- Corbiau, Dominique - Belgian countertenor. Specializes in baroque music, especially works classical for castrati. [English and French]
- Humphries, Charles - English countertenor. Known for his performances of baroque and renaissance countertenors music. He is the Director of Baroque Music at the countertenors SIMF and an Associate of the Royal Academy of Music.
- Keating-Roberts, Daniel - English countertenor. Sings music of various types, including classical classical music countertenors and modern music written for him. classical He has sung with countertenors various ensembles, including The classical BBC Pilgrim Consort and Oxford Voices.
- Walker, David - American countertenor. Participates in classical and modern works.
- Christofellis, Aris - Greek sopranist. The modern pioneer of falsetto soprano countertenors singing.
- Deller, Alfred - English countertenor. Pioneer in countertenor singing and authentic classical early music performance.
- Minter, Drew - American countertenor. Specializes in baroque and classical music. Particularly known for his recordings of the music of Handel. His is a founding member of various music groups which include The Newberry Consort.
- Manzotti, Angelo - Italian sopranist. He has dedicated himself to the countertenors rediscovery of the historic repertoire of castrati. Known countertenors for his special vocal technique where only the countertenors front parts of the vocal chords vibrate.
- Dumaux, Christophe - French countertenor. Focuses on classical and baroque music. classical [English, French and German]
- Clapton, Nicholas - English countertenor. Well-known for his performance of contemporary classical and early music.
- Yatsenko, Yevgen - Ukrainian countertenor. Sang classical music and variety of countertenors other music as well.
- Ruschman, Gary - American haute-contre. Appears regularly in concert, opera, jazz, classical theatre, studio, countertenors and chamber music setting. His performances classical include principal light lyric countertenors tenor roles in thirty classical operas, musicals, and plays.
- Stiles, Kenneth - English countertenor. Specialist in baroque music. Has appeared with many choirs and choral societies, including the Canterbury Cathedral choir with which he sang for pope John Paul II in 1982.
- Raunig, Arno - Austrian sopranist. Specializes in baroque opera but has also sung in romantic and contemporary operas. He has sung in various opera houses throughout Europe including the Paris Opera de la Bastille. [English and German]
- Wong, Randall Kevin - American male soprano. Specializes in both classical and singers contemporary music. Presently mostly active as a composer.
- Waschinski, Jörg - German sopranist. Specializes in baroque works written for castrati but singers has also sung romantic and contemporary work. [English and German]
- Newman, David - British sopranist. Specializes in classical works but has singers also appeared classical in contemporary works. He spent a singers year at the Schola classical Cantorum Basiliensis where he singers studied with Evelyn Tubb and Andreas classical Scholl.
- Ogden, Robert - English countertenor. Sings classical and baroque operas and classical oratorios. He classical was awarded the Curtis Gold Medal classical for singing. He classical studies with Michael Chance classical and Dinah Harris.
- Crowe, Robert - American sopranist. Specializes in baroque and classical music countertenors but has also sung in modern works.
- Ragin, Derek Lee - American countertenor. Specializes in baroque music but also classical sings contemporary music. He provided part of the classical famous castrato\'s voice in the 1994 film "Farinelli".
- Sheppard, David - British countertenor. Specializes in contemporary opera and early singers music. He classical has worked with, among others, English singers National Opera, Welsh National classical Opera and The Electric singers Voice Theatre.
- Scholl, Andreas - German countertenor. Specializes in baroque music but is countertenors also a classical pop composer and singer. He was countertenors the first countertenor and classical German to sing at countertenors The Last Night of the Proms.
- Boyce, Gary - English countertenor. Has participated in a large variety countertenors of works from different periods, including classical opera. countertenors Biography mentions performance for Queen Beatrice of the countertenors Netherlands.
MySQL - Cache Direct