Contests Writers Resources Arts
San Jose State University sponsors this yearly challenge "to compose the opening sentence to the worst of all possible novels". No entry fee. Official deadline: April 15.
Top: Arts: Writers Resources: Contests
- Top/Arts/Literature/World Literature/Canadian/Contests
Writer's Digest Writing Competitions - Offers $25,000 in prize money for original, unpublished work in ten categories including poetry, short stories, plays, television scripts, articles, and children's fiction. Deadline: mid-May. Also provides separate annual awards for short short stories, s
- William Saroyan International Prize for Writing - An annual prize of $12,500, this award is intended to contests encourage new writers who have recently published a work of contests fiction or memoirs.
- Milkweed Editions - Milkweed Editions is a non-profit publisher of literature arts for adults writers resources and young adults based in Minneapolis, arts Minnesota. The Milkweed National writers resources Fiction Prize is awarded arts annually for the best fiction manuscript writers resources submitted by arts an author not previously published
- Annual APEX Awards for Publication Excellence - An annual competition for writers, editors, publications staff, and both contests business and non-profit communicators.
- Associated Writing Programs Awards - Annual awards of $2,000 (plus publication) are offered writers resources for original, unpublished, book-length work in each of writers resources three categories: novels, poetry, and creative non-fiction. Reading writers resources fee: $20. Deadline: February 28. Open to U.S. writers resources residents only.
- Writers Notes Annual Writing Award - Annual writing awards for fiction and nonfiction by the free writers resources resource tool and Writers Notes Magazine
- Santa Fe Writers Project - SFWP provides resources for authors and features online fiction as well as an annual writing contest for prose, both fiction and non-fiction, including short stories, essays and sample chapters of novels. $6,000 in cash prizes. Deadline: mid-January.
- A Woman's Write - Writing contest for women seeks a story, memoir contests or book chapter on a given theme. Deadline; contests December 31, thence monthly. Entry fee: $7. First contests prize: $70.
- Park Publications U.K. - Publishers of the magazines, "Scribble" and "Countryside Tales", contests holding quarterly competitions for original, unpublished short stories contests and poems, some open, some limited to specific contests themes.
- The University of Michigan Press - Annual awards, worth $1,000 each and publication, for literary fiction in the form of both a novel and a short story collection. Entrants must have at least one publication credit in the realm of literature. No entry fee. Deadline: July 1.
- Foster City International Writer's Contest - Seeks entries in four categories: short stories (limit: writers resources 3,000 words); poetry (limit: 2 pages); children\\'s stories writers resources (limit: 2,000 words); humor or personal essay (2,000 writers resources words). Entry fee: $12. Total prize money: $1,500. writers resources Deadline: December 31.
- Word Smitten Annual Literary Fiction Contest - Offers a prize of $1,010 for the best writers resources on-line contests submission of literary (no genre) fiction totaling writers resources exactly 1,010 contests words. Reading fee: $15. Deadline: July writers resources 1.
- The New Writer Magazine Annual Prose and Poetry Prizes - Offers prize money totalling 2,500 pounds for essays (maximum 2,000 arts words), short stories (maximum 4,000 words), serials or novellas (up arts to 20,000 words), and poetry (maximum 100 lines). Closes November arts 30. Modest entry fees.
- Pronghorn Press Publishing - Promotes annual prose (up to 5,000 words) and arts poetry (no writers resources more than 60 lines) contests relating arts to contemporary life in writers resources three specific regions, namely, arts the Rockies, the Desert Southwest, and writers resources the Northwest arts Coast.
- Tickled by Thunder fiction magazine - Sponsors quarterly poetry contests (closing February 15, et seq) and an annual fiction contest (closing February 15). A $10 subscription to the quarterly magazine offers one free entry to both contests.
- Painted Bride Fiction and Poetry Contests - Literary short stories (maximum 5,000 words) and poetry writers resources are sought in contests sponsored by Rutgers writers resources University. Reading fees: $10 and $5 respectively. Deadline: writers resources September 30. $1000 prize in each category, plus writers resources publication in PBQ.
- Mona Schreiber Prize for Humorous Fiction and Non-Fiction - Humorous stories and essays up to 750 words are required. contests Reading fee: $5. Deadline: December 1. Cash prizes total $850.
- Pomegranate Words Writing Contests - Offers free monthly contests for poetry and fiction. Open worldwide, but to teenagers only.
- Sarabande Books - Poetry & Short Fiction Contests - Open to U.S. citizens only, Sarabande offers an annual $2,000 prize for both poetry (minimum 48 pages) and short fiction (minimum 150 pages).
- Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest - San Jose State University sponsors this yearly challenge "to compose the opening sentence to the worst of all possible novels". No entry fee. Official deadline: April 15.
- Writers Notes Book Awards - Annual awards are granted to qualifying small-press and contests self-published books arts in eleven categories. $100 cash prize contests in each category. Entry arts fee: $40 per book. contests Deadline: January 15, 2005.
- AwardWeb - Information on major literary awards throughout the USA and other arts countries, particularly focusing on (though not limited to) science fiction arts and fantasy.
- Playwriting Contest - Annual contest seeks original, unproduced plays, open in arts theme, but writers resources suitable in both subject, and language, arts for family-oriented amateur groups. writers resources The winner receives a arts $1,000 royalty advance, and publication.
- Peralta Press Writing Awards - Annual contest seeks poetry (maximum: 30 lines), short arts stories and writers resources non-fiction (both maximum: 2,000 words). Minimum arts entry fee: $10. Cash writers resources prizes total: $750. All arts entries considered for publication. Deadline: August writers resources 15.
- Arizona Authors Association Awards - AAA requires entries for unpublished poetry, short stories, essays/articles, and novels. Cash prizes of $100 in each category, plus publication, are offered. Deadline: July 1, annually. Entry fees vary from $10 (poetry) to $30 (novels).
- Southeastern Writers Association Contests - These contests and awards are restricted to writers attending the arts annual week-long Southeastern Writers Conference, held in June at St. arts Simons Island, Georgia. .
- Communicator Awards, The - Annual competitions honoring excellence in all areas of writers resources communication, writers resources with separate categories for print (177 sub-categories), writers resources video (216 writers resources sub-categories) and audio (140 sub-categories).
- SAY Writing Contests - Writing contests open to all types of entries contests including essays, arts short stories, and poetry. Maximum length: contests 700 words. Entries are arts published in a book contests and readers determine the winners.
- Flyway - 6th Annual Flyway Sweet Corn Prize. $150 and a book bag of Iowa sweet corn for top entries in each category: fiction, nonfiction (maximum: 4,000 words) and poetry. Reading fee: $18. Deadline March 1st.
MySQL - Cache Direct