Jal PIC Processors Components
Jal is an acronym for: Just another language. It is a high-level, imperative, Algol- and Pascal-like programming language and compiler. Its original author, Wouter van Ooijen, describes it as an Algol-style, meekly typed, block scoped language, which looks much like Pascal, but can be called a 'microcontroller Ada' or 'structured Basic'. It emits machine (executable) code for PIC and compatible microcontrollers, by Microchip (PIC), and Ubicom (SX, was Scenix). The compiler runs on Linux, Mac OS X, and MS Windows. It was released in 2003 as open source (free) software with a GNU General Public License, GPL; van Ooijen has released several other tools and tutorials to the PIC community. He, and the Jal home website, always spell Jal with mixed case letters.
Top: Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: PIC: Jal
- Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Open Source
- Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Algol 60
Jal: Just Another Language - Home of high-level imperative Algol-Pascal-like language for microcontrollers: Microchip PIC (16c84, 16f84, 12c508, 12c509, 16F877), Ubicom SX (SX18, SX28); developer list, platforms, downloads, news, support. SourceForge.net.
- WebRing: Jal Programming Language for Embedded Microprocessors - Set of links to websites on Jal, related projects, topics.
- Yahoo Tech Groups: jallist: JAL Mailing List - Mail list, for more general questions.
- Jal - Pascal-like programming language, compiler; acronym: Just Another Language; emits machine pic code for PIC processors; runs on Linux, Mac OS X, pic MS-Windows. Creator: Wouter van Ooijen. Description, documents, links, downloads. Open pic source, GPL.
- Jallist Archive - Searchable, content gathered from Yahoo Group Jal mail processors list.
- Yahoo Tech Groups: Jal Developers - Mail list, for more development related questions.
- JAL Ethernet - Open firmware, allows building low cost hardware to jal implement TCP/IP jal on ethernet networks.
- Sunish Issac's Jal IDE - Jal is a command line compiler, like Java, jal GCC. An jal IDE, Integrated Development Environment, makes programming jal easier; descriptions, downloads, links, jal screenshot.
- PIC JAL JALcc JALss Lego Mindstorms - Home of JALcc, Windows JAL IDE; some non-Jal PIC material; descriptions, downloads, links, screenshot.
- Jal Resources - List of links to Jal code, and related pic material, in many places.
MySQL - Cache Direct