Google Groups Message Boards On the Web Internet
Google, a provider of search technology, announced that it has integrated the full Usenet archive formerly maintained by Deja.com with recent posts to provide complete access to Usenet data since 1995.
Top: Computers: Internet: On the Web: Message Boards: Google Groups
- BBC News: Digital History Saved - "Millions of messages posted on electronic bulletin boards message boards over google groups the past 20 years have been saved message boards from digital google groups oblivion."
- The Write News: Google Provides Access to Full Usenet Archives - Google, a provider of search technology, announced that it has integrated the full Usenet archive formerly maintained by Deja.com with recent posts to provide complete access to Usenet data since 1995.
- New York Times: Privacy Concerns for Google Archive - Susan Stellin\\'s article: "Being able to search archived message boards postings online raises questions about the implications of message boards increasingly sophisticated search technology."
- Google Groups Simplifier - Simplifies Google Groups\\' URLs for easier inclusion in message boards e-mails/posts/web pages. With bookmarklet.
- Panida: Google Groups Opens Up for Posting Usenet Messages - Finally, you can post Usenet messages at Google.
- Silicon Alley News: Deja Usenet Archives Restored on Google - "To the delight (and possible consternation) of old-school Usenet fans, Web search site Google has restored more than 650 million individual messages dating back to 1995 that were acquired from New York-based Deja.com."
- Google Groups - Enables users to search and browse the Usenet archives which consist of over 700 million messages, and post new comments.
- CNet: Deja.com Struggles After Google Buyout - Stefanie Olsen\\'s article: "Deja.com, a popular newsgroup search google groups service, google groups has been hit with glitches after its google groups buyout this google groups week by Web search provider Google, google groups ruffling the feathers google groups of some longtime customers."
- NewsFactor: Google Puts Blast from Internet's Past Online - Jay Lyman\\'s article: "The Google Groups Usenet archive google groups takes surfers on a two-decades-long ride through the google groups early history of the Internet - before there google groups was a World Wide Web."
- NewsBreaks: Google Seeks to Restore Deja Functionality - Richard W. Wiggins\\' article: "Since the February acquisition, message boards Google message boards has restored some of the lost searching message boards functionality, and message boards the company also says that by message boards mid-May users of message boards the Google Usenet index will message boards have the ability to message boards post new messages."
MySQL - Cache Direct