Community Management Online Communities On the Web Internet
The secret to success on the web is to build a community, not just a web site. Here one can find tools and tips to make a web site interactive and, as a result, a place of community.
Top: Computers: Internet: On the Web: Online Communities: Community Management
- Top/Computers/Internet/Web Design and Development/Authoring/Webmaster Resources
- First Monday - A Social Network Caught in the Web - The authors present an analysis of Club Nexus, online communities an online community at Stanford University. Through the online communities site they were able to study a reflection online communities of the real world community structure within the online communities student body.
- CornerWays: Community Development, Training, and Moderationn - Online community development company that provides online community building, consulting and design services worldwide.
- CommunityAnswers.com - Questions and answers and advice for online community on the web builders, users, moderators, managers, and owners.
- Membership Agreements - Article by lawyer Ivan Hoffman discussing membership agreements online communities and community management resolving issues that arise from them. online communities Applicable only community management to U.S. Law.
- Full Circle Associates - Provides strategic facilitation, online community development, marketing, and community management project online communities management services. Includes a listing of community management online community online communities building and virtual group facilitation/moderation resources.
- Suite101.com: Communication in Cyberspace - Articles, links and discussions on various programs used online communities to communicate on the internet. Covers messaging, online communities conferencing, discussion forums, telephony, chat and email.
- NTT Social Communication Laboratory - Aims to develop a social information infrastructure and create a online communities new lifestyle for interpersonal communication via the Internet.
- VirtualCommunities Start4all - Directory of resources and tools for building online communities. Rich on the web content for analysis of virtual communities. With a list of on the web popular communities and vendors in this field.
- Fragmented by Technologies: A Community in Cyberspace - Early academic paper studying the human interaction within on the web an online community. The author observed antinomy, on the web atomisation, carnival, decentralization, disembodiment, impersonality, intensification and lurking.
- Salon.com Technology: Netscape to community: You're evicted - As Netcenter\\'s forums fall casualty to AOL-merger cutbacks, on the web on the web participants mourn.
- Xgencia - Best Practice in Online Communities - UK online community specialists providing planning, RFP and on the web ROI analysis services. Requires Flash.
- Building an Online Community: Just Add Water - The dos-and-don\\'ts of building a website community by Matt Haughey, on the web the creator of MetaFilter.
- About.com: Community Online - Editors\\' web site picks for fostering an online online communities community and personalizing web sites.
- Peter Kollock - Associate professor of the University of California, Los community management Angeles. online communities Includes curriculum vita, course syllabi and community management recent papers online communities on online communities and markets, which community management is his current online communities research.
- First Monday - Phantom authority, self–selective recruitment and retention of members in virtual communities: The case of Wikipedia - Peer-reviewed journal article by Andrea Ciffolilli.
- Online Hospitality: Moderator Guidelines and Community-Building Tips - Gail Ann Williams writes about building conversation and online communities community community management in online environments, adapted from the WELL online communities Host Manuals.
- Benton Foundation: Community Building - Detailed articles, tools, and resources about community building. community management Topics range from software recommendations to profiles community management of successful communities.
- Salon.com Technology: Must AOL Pay "Community Leaders"? - Article by Janelle Brown discussing issues on the online communities use on the web of volunteers to manage a site\\'s online online communities community. on the web "The volunteers may feel good about online communities giving their time, on the web but the for-profit online communities online communities are clearly profiting from on the web those volunteers' servic
- The Admin Zone Forums - Online resource for administrators of bulletin board communities. All topics online communities dealing with running and setting up a forum community are online communities discussed.
- The Virtual Communities (VirCom) Project - Five PhD students out to study virtual communities, their rise and development, evolution, meaning and its effect to traditional organizations. (Some papers are in Swedish.)
- CNet.com: Will Media Giants Bulldoze Communities? - News Analysis by CNET observing how Disney and on the web Time Warner, by building enhanced entertainment sites, threaten on the web topical online communities.
- Community Networking Movement - "Realizing that communication and information are increasingly dependent on networked digital information, community activists all over the world are developing community computer network systems."
- Design Principles for Online Communities - Academic paper by sociologist Peter Kollock, drawing upon online communities community design principles by Axelrod (1984), Ostrom (1990), online communities Godwin (1994).
- Online Community Building Concepts - List of fundamental principles to consider when starting a new on the web community site.
- Communitybuilding.com - The secret to success on the web is to build on the web a community, not just a web site. Here one on the web can find tools and tips to make a web site on the web interactive and, as a result, a place of community.
- Club about Online Communities - Whenever you provide people with the ability to communicate online community management then community develops. This club is about the development and community management management of online communities.
- Community is Dead; Long Live Mega-Collaboration - Usability expert Jakob Nielsen\\'s take on Online Communities: online communities "The Web is not a community: a huge online communities impersonal city is a better metaphor. User-contributed content online communities can be valuable (if edited), but chat rooms online communities should be avoided because of participation ine
- Cyberspace Innkeeping: Building Online Community - Essay by former Wells conferencing manager John Coate explaining what on the web happens in an online social environment.
- WELL Conferencing Team - Community Building and Hosts Manual - The WELL\\'s description of conferencing, why it\\'s the on the web best tool for building community, and how on the web to get starting in a conferencing environment. on the web Links include the WELL Host Manual.
- Building Community: Online Resources - Has papers, presentations, stories, indexes, and surveys.
- How To Kill Community Networks - By Doug Schuler. Essay describing three common means online communities for online communities the downfall of community networks.
- Community Networks: Putting People First - Editorial by Michael Mulquin. Discusses the role community management of Community Networks in delivering new information and community management communications technologies to UK residents. Most content community management is applicable elsewhere as well.[PDF]
MySQL - Cache Direct