Advocacy Open Source Computers
Dedicated to managing and promoting the Open Source trademark for the good of the community. Includes a definition of 'Open Source', and a list of approved licenses.
Top: Computers: Open Source: Advocacy
- Top/Society/Issues/Intellectual Property
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Psychology/Social/Internet Psychology
Why Open Source Software / Free Software (OSS/FS)? Look at the Numbers! - In-depth review and analysis of the many quantitative reasons to use open source software, with statistics from a variety of recent surveys.
- WebReference Update: Scholars Discuss Open Code Benefits - Fans of free software and music found some allies this computers weekend who said if lawmakers don\\'t understand technology they shouldn\'t computers try and regulate it.
- Open Source Initiative - Dedicated to managing and promoting the Open Source trademark for the good of the community. Includes a definition of \'Open Source\', and a list of approved licenses.
- The Cathedral and the Bazaar - Eric S. Raymond\\'s seminal paper analysing why open advocacy source works advocacy so well; followup papers "Homesteading the advocacy Noosphere", "The Magic Cauldron" advocacy and "The Revenge of advocacy the Hackers"; and comments and criticisms advocacy from third advocacy parties.
- Bishamon-tenno's Open Source Page - Explains one person's experiences with open source.
- Free Software Foundation Europe - Web site of the FSF Europe, an organization computers dedicated to advocacy Free Software activities in Europe. As computers the official sister organization advocacy of the Free Software computers Foundation in the United States, it advocacy will build computers its activities around the GNU Project although it advocacy computers won't be
- Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure - Dedicated to establishing a free market in information technology, by the removal of barriers to competition and working towards sane patent systems and open standards.
- Microsoft Boycott - The Alternative - Index of replacements for Microsoft software, services and hardware. Includes open source reviews and outside links.
- Berkman Center for Internet and Society - A research program at Harvard Law School founded advocacy to explore computers cyberspace, share in its study, and advocacy help pioneer its development.
- Free Software Foundation (FSF), GNU Project - Non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating restrictions on copying, computers redistributing, understanding, advocacy and modifying computer programs. GNU Project computers was begun to develop advocacy a complete free Unix-like computers operating system.
- Linux.com: Anti-Open Source Lobbyists Need Love, Too - Article describing the philosophy and hidden agenda of anti-open source think tanks.
- Development, Ethical Trading, and Free Software - Makes political and ethical case for adopting free advocacy software by Community Aid Abroad and other members advocacy of Oxfam International. Applies generally to development agencies advocacy and other groups with like values.
- Open Source Notebook - A personal weblog by Daniel Aleksandersen; who discusses free software and free speech, GNU/Linux, and online privacy.
- Open Source Advocacy with Revererend Ted - Weblog about the world of Open Source by computers the guy responsible for building the Novell user computers community.
- Infinite Hands - A filk song about a part of the advocacy history of advocacy free software - from the beginnings advocacy in the MIT labs advocacy over sold out code, advocacy GNU, Linux and the GPLv3.
- Boycott Novell - Discusses exclusionary and questionable deals (such as the advocacy deal between computers Novell and Microsoft) which it views advocacy as attempts to undermine computers the purpose and goals advocacy of the Free software movement.
- Arctic Penguin Open Source Solutions - Contains some informative articles about Open Source software, success stories, and news
- The OpenScience Project - The Open Science Project is an Organization devoted to providing advocacy open source scientific software.
- Software Freedom Day - A global effort to promote the use of advocacy free and Open Source software. Lists forthcoming events, advocacy news, forum, gallery and contributing teams.
- Free Software Advocacy - Focuses on connections between free software and computers community development open source and on free software in Australia.
- International Open Source Network - A United Nations Development Programme advocacy site for advocacy free and computers open source software, focused on the advocacy Asia-Pacific region.
- Free Software Shop - Information about Free Software movement for novices.
- Debian's social contract - Contains the Debian Free Software Guidelines, which are computers regarded as advocacy compliance rules for free software by computers many others besides Debian advocacy package maintainers.
- OpenDeveloper.org - A resource for building Open Source Web sites, open source covering Linux, BSD, Apache, MySQL, PHP, and Perl. open source OpenDeveloper.org is an independent Web open source site about open source development of Web sites open source -- by the community, for the open source community.
- Software in the Public Interest, Inc. - A non-profit organization which was founded to help computers organizations develop and distribute open hardware and software.
- User Friendly the Comic Strip - Amusing strip following the antics of Columbia Internet advocacy and its advocacy employees. Frequently touches on Open advocacy Source, Linux, hacker culture, advocacy and holy wars.
- The Halloween Document - Microsoft are getting very worried indeed about competition computers from Open Source Software such as Linux. This computers leaked internal memo, courtesy of Eric Raymond, computers reveals all -- including the extreme lengths computers Microsoft is willing to go to squash its computers competition.
- Spread Open Source - A community based forum for the promotion of open source open source software and open standards.
- GNU.org: Why Open Source Misses the Point of Free Software - Explains the difference between "Free Software" described as open source a social movement focusing on freedom and "Open open source Source" described as a development methodology. By Richard open source Stallman, the founder of the Free Software Foundation.
- Astronomical Software Wants To Be Free: A Manifesto - Paper by Benjamin J. Weiner and co-authors, arguing advocacy that the open source advantages of open-sourcing astronomical software outweigh advocacy the drawbacks.
- Tux Deluxe - A web lifestyle magazine with a focus on computers free software, advocacy digital rights and the art and computers craft of programming for advocacy the real world.
- Atviras Kodas Lietuvai - Non-profit public organization that works to promote the open source usage open source of Free and Open Source software in open source Lithuania.
- Open Malaysia - Promoting the Open Document Format (ODF), open standards, and open advocacy source software in Malaysia.
- Open Source and These United States - by C. Justin Seiferth, Maj USAF; a study advocacy for the computers Air Command and Staff College Air advocacy University. Military implications of computers Open Licenses.
- Linux Today: Emmett Plant - The Welcome Wagon - Urges initiative and good manners to promote open computers source.
- CLUE - The Canadian Association for Open Source.
- Open Source Community Node - Community portal providing a discussion forum, articles and open source blogs.
- The GPL Violations Project - Raising public awareness about past and present infringement of GPL computers licensed software. Includes profile, news and events.
- Nonprofit Open Source Initiative - Promotes adoption of Open Source Software (OSS) in the nonprofit/NGO sector.
- Open Source Software Institute - Non-profit organization created to promote the adoption of computers open source computers solutions within U.S. agencies and academic computers entities.
- Tom Alsberg's Online Freedom/Liberty Page - Personal page regarding free software and online freedom advocacy in general.
- European Union - Information Society - Provides a brief introduction to open source software, open source applications, open source programs, and case studies.
MySQL - Cache Direct