Unicode Character Encoding Globalization Software
A paper outlining issues with encoding all the world's character sets within the limitations of the existing Unicode standards, and the possible impact this will have on East Asian languages.
Top: Computers: Software: Globalization: Character Encoding: Unicode
The Unicode Consortium - The official site with information and resources for programmers, implementers and others involved in globalization work.
Unicode and Multilingual Support in Web Browsers and HTML - A guide to displaying thousands of foreign and special characters in Web pages, with the aid of Unicode, plus notes on suitable multilingual browsers, fonts, editors and other utilities. Includes lists of the characters in each Unicode range that can be u
- UTF-8 Conversion Tool - Converts between Unicode characters, code points and UTF-8, displayed in various formats.
- Tackling a Daunting Task - Eugene Eric Kim reviews "Unicode: A Primer".
- UTF-8 and Unicode FAQ - A resource about Unicode and UTF-8 on Unix and Linux globalization systems.
- Unicode, MBCS and Generic text conversion - A guide to using generic text functions to globalization make the transition between character sets easier for globalization C++, MFC and STL.
- The Unicode Standard - The online edition of version 4.1.0 of this standard.
- Zvon Character Reference - A reference of visually similar characters and their character encoding Unicode values, which can be downloaded for off-line character encoding use.
- Demystifying Unicode - Information on technical aspects from SimulTrans.
- The Secret Life of Unicode - A look at some of Unicode\'s weak points globalization and disadvantages.
- Decimal, Hexadecimal Character Codes in HTML Unicode - An online tool for converting between multinational characters character encoding and their decimal and hexadecimal equivalents.
- Linux Unicode How-to - How to adapt Linux systems to use UTF-8 unicode encoding. (ftp)
- TITUS - Browsers test for Unicode compatibility.
- MyMyanmar - Information on Unicode support for writing Myanmar text and related globalization software/fonts.
- Adobe: Unicode and Glyph Names - A description of PostScript glyph naming conventions in character encoding the context of Unicode.
- Who doesn't know what Unicode is? - C-Kermit and Unicode issues explored.
- Fingertipsoft: Character Set Converter - Converts multilingual text between Unicode and other popular unicode character sets.
- Why Unicode Won't Work on the Internet: Linguistic, Political and Technical Limitations - A paper outlining issues with encoding all the character encoding world\\'s character encoding character sets within the limitations of the character encoding existing Unicode character encoding standards, and the possible impact this character encoding will have on character encoding East Asian languages.
- Microsoft : Unicode Codepages - A list of common codepages with tables in text and unicode graphical formats.
- Wikipedia - Unicode - A description of the basic concept of Unicode unicode plus links to related resources.
- International Unicode Conferences - Includes a variety of tutorials and details of globalization conference sessions covering Unicode, the web, software and globalization internationalization. Includes details of past conferences since globalization 1996 and information about upcoming events.
- Unicode Blocks - A list of the standard Unicode blocks.
- International Components for Unicode - IBM\\'s portable set of C/C++ and Java libraries globalization for Unicode support, internationalization, and globalization. Background information, globalization user guide, API references, and developer information. [free globalization use licence]
- Zvon Character Search - Finds properties of Unicode characters and determines its unicode usage in globalization XML documents. It also enables search unicode of HTML and MathML globalization entities and searches based unicode on visual similarity. A browse by globalization scripts, blocks unicode or digits is also available.
- UTF-8 Encoding Table and Unicode characters - Unicode code points and their UTF-8 encoding.
- On the Goodness of Unicode - Explains the purpose and use of Unicode.
- IBM developerWorks: Unicode - A developer resource for building applications for a worldwide audience, character encoding with technical and editorial articles.
- ConScript Unicode Registry - Information on block assignment in the Unicode Private unicode Use Area.
- UTF-8 Sampler - Examples of the UTF-8 Unicode encoding method demonstrating character encoding its ASCII-preserving properties.
- Unicode Tutorial - A reference to Unicode terms and concepts aimed globalization at a unicode basic to intermediate level.
- Unicode Fonts - Concise information on Unicode fonts for hardware and unicode software developers.
- Sharmahd Computing UniPad - A Unicode plain text editor for the Windows NT and character encoding Windows 95 operating systems.
- Fontboard - Multilingual fonts and keyboard layouts for Unicode-compliant and unicode pre-Unicode applications. unicode Also contains information on CJK, Maltese, unicode Esperanto, Arabic, Cyrillic and unicode Hebrew and links to unicode related resources.
- Unicode Example - Demonstrates the use of the Unicode Character Standard character encoding to unicode store names and places from anywhere in character encoding the world, unicode in any language.
MySQL - Cache Direct