Translation Memory Computer Aided Translation Globalization Software
Article that explains the importance of translation memories and how the localisation industry uses them, highlighting the relevance of the TMX format for transferring translation data between different TM implementations.
Top: Computers: Software: Globalization: Computer Aided Translation: Translation Memory
- What You Need To Know About Translation Memories - An article by Andres Heuberger about common work with translation memories.
- Lisa: Translation Memory Exchange - TMX stands for Translation Memory eXchange. OSCAR (Open globalization Standards for Container/Content Allowing Re-use) is the LISA globalization Special Interest Group responsible for its definition. The globalization purpose of TMX is to allow easier exchange globalization of translation memory data between t
- Metrics for Evaluating Translation Memory Software, thesis by Francie Gow - Different approaches to automatic search and retrieval in globalization translation memory (TM) tools and a methodology for globalization comparative evaluation, with a practical application comparing TRADOS globalization and MultiTrans.
- XML in localisation: Reuse translations with TM and TMX - Article that explains the importance of translation memories and how globalization the localisation industry uses them, highlighting the relevance of the globalization TMX format for transferring translation data between different TM implementations.
- What Is XLIFF and Why Should I Use It? - Description of XLIFF (XML Localization Interchange File Format) and its globalization role in the localization process. By Peter Reynolds and Tony globalization Jewtushenko, members of the XLIFF Committee at OASIS.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Translation Memory: A Cost/Benefit Analysis - Thesis by Lynn E. Webb.
- Adapting the concept of Translation Memory to Authoring memory - Article about issues involved in adapting the Translation Memory model globalization to an Authoring memory environment.
- Machine translation vs. translation memory - Following is a brief overview of the two technologies and an assessment of their usefulness in multilingual web-support systems.
- CAT-software (Computer Aided Translation) comparison - Comparison of TransSuite 2000, Deja Vu and Trados.
MySQL - Cache Direct