MenuetOS Realtime Operating Systems Software
The MenuetOS (or MeOS) operating system (OS) has a monolithic, preemptive, realtime kernel, including video drivers, for 32-bit and 64-bit x86 architecture computers. It has a graphic desktop, games, and networking (TCP/IP stack), yet fits on one 1.44MB floppy disk. MenuetOS was originally written for 32-bit x86 processors and released under the GPL, so many of its programs are licensed as GPL. The 64-bit MenuetOS, often called Menuet 64, remains a platform for learning 64-bit assembly language programming. Menuet 64 is distributed as freeware with no source code for core components. It works smoothly in QEMU which can emulate a 64-bit machine on a 32-bit machine. The author is Ville Mikael Turjanmaa.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Realtime: MenuetOS
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Realtime/Open Source
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Open Source
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Monolithic
MenuetOS - Graphical monolithic realtime OS written in 32 and 64-bit Assembly, for x86 i386+, fits on one floppy, protected memory, 44 kHz sound, GUI, DOS loader download; advancing. 32-bit is open source, GPL; 64-bit is free.
- MenuetOS C Library - Project page: news, forums, support, CVS, bug reports, realtime feature requests, menuetos statistics. SourceForge.
- Interview with Ville Turjanmaa, the Creator of MenuetOS - Short, with many useful forum comments. OSNews.
- MenuetOS - GridWorks EZ distribution, full 32-bit archive packages, CD/HD menuetos Boots, links.
- Flat Assembler: MenuetOS - Forum, many topics covered.
MySQL - Cache Direct