Pests and Diseases Cereals Field Crops Agriculture
Aphid biology and information on the different species that affect small grains, sorghum, millet and corn. Includes photographs of insects and their identifying features.
Top: Science: Agriculture: Field Crops: Cereals: Pests and Diseases
- Grasshoppers: Life Cycle, Damage Assessment and Management Strategy - Information on four species of grasshopper, the damage they do pests and diseases to cereal crops and when action needs to be taken pests and diseases to control them.
- Minimising Leatherjacket Damage in Organic Cereals - Notes on where damage may occur, anticipating and avoiding it field crops and possible control by non chemical means.[PDF]
- Small Grains Pest Management - Provides general information on insecticides and fungicides and details of cereals the diseases, insects, mites, nematodes and weeds that may attack cereals grain crops.
- Brown Rust - Photographs and information on Puccinia tritcina which affects field crops wheat, barley, rye and grasses.
- Stored Grain Insects, Mites and Molds - Answers common questions about prevention and control of field crops insects pests and diseases that can infest stored grain
- Cereal Aphids - Aphid biology and information on the different species pests and diseases pests and diseases that affect small grains, sorghum, millet and corn. pests and diseases pests and diseases Includes photographs of insects and their identifying features.
- Yellow Rust - This disease of cereals is caused by Puccinia cereals striiformis and pests and diseases different forms affect wheat and barley. cereals Photographs and information.
- Wheat Bulb Fly and Other Fly Pests of Cereals - Discusses the main fly pests of cereal crops cereals and the cereals measures that can be taken to cereals minimise the problems their cereals larvae cause.[PDF]
- Diseases of Barley, Rye and Triticale - Information on root and crown, foliar and viral cereals diseases in cereals these crops, the symptoms and controls.
- Scouting Small Grains - Provides information on small grain pest management, common field crops agronomic cereals problems, scouting for weeds, diseases and common field crops insect pests.
- Biology and Control of Take-all Disease - Information on the fungus, Gaeumannomyces graminis, which is a major root-rot pathogen of cereals and grasses.
- Insect Pests of Cereals in Ethiopia - Identification and control methods for insect pests of cereals barley, maize, field crops sorghum, tef and wheat in Ethiopia.
- Greenbug - Information on the life cycle of Schizaphis graminum, field crops the cereals damage it causes to cereals and forage field crops grasses, and cereals possible management strategies.
- Black Stem Rust - Photographs and information on Puccinia graminis which affects field crops wheat, field crops barley and other grasses.
- Chinch Bug Management - The chinch bug is native to North American field crops and pests and diseases can destroy cultivated grass crops, especially sorghum field crops and corn, pests and diseases and occasionally small grains. Information on field crops its life cycle, pests and diseases damage done and management options.
MySQL - Cache Direct