Cosmology Astronomy Science
Site maintained by a UCLA astronomy professor, which features an introduction to cosmology (which uses no more than high-school level mathematics), links to resources, a section on "fads and fallacies", and comments on latest developments.
Top: Science: Astronomy: Cosmology
- Runaway Universe - Companion website for a PBS NOVA program originally astronomy broadcast in cosmology 2000, which examines the size, future astronomy and fate of the cosmology universe. Contains background material astronomy on mapping the universe, supernovae as cosmology standard candles, astronomy and a virtual tour of the universe.
- Cosmological Models - Lecture notes for graduate-level lectures originally given at astronomy the 1998 cosmology Cargese summer school, by George Ellis astronomy and Henk van Elst. cosmology The notes give astronomy a systematic presentation of a 1+3 cosmology covariant approach astronomy to studying the geometry, dynamics, and observational pr
- Introduction to Cosmology - Condensed lecture notes at graduate-student level on standard cosmology cosmology, the physics of the early universe, and cosmology inflation. Based on lectures given by G. Lazarides cosmology (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki) at the 1998 Corfu cosmology Summer Institute on Elementary Part
- Cosmology: A Research Briefing - Online book from the National Academy of Sciences, astronomy published in science 1995 by the National Research Council\\'s astronomy Board on Cosmology as science a re-assessment of the astronomy cosmological research earlier examined by the science Physics Survey astronomy Committee. Includes chapters on the cosmic b
- Cosmology Made Simple - A one-page, non-mathematical introduction to modern cosmology, from cosmology the basics (isotropy and homogeneity) to the question cosmology of dark matter.
- Science and Reason: The Big Bang - A fairly complete overview of current cosmological models, cosmology from the science cosmological principle to cosmic expansion and cosmology the physics of the science early universe. Uses very cosmology simple formulas.
- Ned Wright's Cosmology Tutorial - Site maintained by a UCLA astronomy professor, which science features an cosmology introduction to cosmology (which uses no science more than high-school level cosmology mathematics), links to resources, science a section on "fads and fallacies", cosmology and comments science on latest developments.
- WMAP Introduction to Cosmology - Basic introduction to modern cosmology, aimed at a astronomy general audience. science This NASA site is part of astronomy the outreach efforts for science the WMAP space probe, astronomy which measures an "Echo of the science Big Bang": astronomy the cosmic microwave background radiation.
- Cosmology - Collection of articles about various aspects of cosmology, science from the cosmology physics of the big bang phase science to the shape of cosmology the universe. Part of science the "Spotlights on Relativity" series on cosmology Einstein Online; science written for a general audience.
- Stephen Hawking's Universe - Companion website to the PBS-Thirteen/WNET six-part series of cosmology the same name. Includes information about many facets cosmology of cosmology and the researchers involved, as well cosmology as a Teacher's Guide.
- Faith and Reason: Cosmology - Companion site to the PBS mini-series "Faith & science Reason". The science cosmology section discusses the challenge to science traditional Christian views posed science by the scientific understanding science of cosmological evolution, and ways in science which they science might be reconciled.
- The Big Bang (One More Time) - Article from Christian Science Monitor about Paul Steinhardt cosmology and his astronomy work on the "Ekpyrotic Universe", a cosmology speculative model which uses astronomy concepts of string theory cosmology to arrive at a periodically repeating astronomy series of cosmology big bangs.
- LEVEL 5 - A Knowledgebase for Extragalactic Astronomy and Cosmology - Extensive collection of articles, monographs, data bases, tools science and essays cosmology related to extragalactic astronomy and cosmology. science Maintained by Barry F. cosmology Madore (Caltech and Carnegie science Observatory).
- Cambridge Cosmology - Public Homepage - Webpages created by the Cambridge University cosmology group science for a general audience, with information about black science holes, the big bang models, cosmic strings, galaxies science and galaxy clusters, and inflation.
MySQL - Cache Direct