Courses and Tutorials Relativity Physics
Tutorial by Ned Wright (UCLA) featuring a step-by-step introduction to special relativity (focusing on spacetime diagrams) and the basic ideas of general relativity.
Top: Science: Physics: Relativity: Courses and Tutorials
Lecture Notes on General Relativity (Sean Carroll) - Lecture notes for a one-semester course in General Relativity.
- General Relativity Tutorial - Highly recommendable collection of interconnected web pages that relativity serve as courses and tutorials an informal introduction to general relativity. relativity While some mathematics is courses and tutorials used, the focus is relativity on the key ideas. By John courses and tutorials Baez (University relativity of California at Riverside).
- Relativity Tutorial - Tutorial by Ned Wright (UCLA) featuring a step-by-step introduction to special relativity (focusing on spacetime diagrams) and the basic ideas of general relativity.
- Physics 8.20: Introduction to Special Relativity - Material for an undergraduate course held at MIT by Bruce relativity Knuteson in January, 2005, which introduces the basic ideas and relativity equations of special relativity from the Lorentz contraction to E=mc-squared. relativity Part of MIT OpenCourseWare.
- Spacetime 101 - Tutorial by Patricia Schwarz (Caltech); accessible for a general audience. relativity Covers the basics of spacetime, special and general relativity relativity using simple diagrams.
- Physics 237-2002: Gravitational Waves - Collection of materials from a graduate-student-level course on Gravitational Waves physics taught at the California Institute of Technology, January through May physics of 2002; includes Quicktime videos of the lectures, lists of physics suggested and supplementary reading, cop
- Modern Relativity - Set of notes outlining general relativity and its physics applications, including courses and tutorials cosmology and gravitational waves, but also physics "fringe physics" topics such courses and tutorials as faster-than-light travel and physics wormholes. By David Waite.
- Student Understanding of Time in Special Relativity - A report on the ineffectiveness of standard university physics instruction in physics Einstein\\'s concept of time, by Rachel physics E. Scherr, Peter S. physics Shaffer, and Stamatis Vokos. physics Published in Physics Education Research (American physics Journal of physics Physics Supplement).
- Reflections on Relativity - Comprehensive online book about special and general relativity, from the fundamentals to cosmological applications, including a number of philosophical questions raised by Einstein\'s theory. Suitable for undergraduates and up.
- FX2/H97: General Relativity - Lecture notes for the course on general relativity relativity held in courses and tutorials 1997 at the Physics Institute relativity of NTNU, Trondheim by courses and tutorials Petr Hadrava (the lecture relativity notes themselves are Postscript files).
- Physics 252: Modern Physics - A second year course including twelve lectures on courses and tutorials special relativity taught by Michael Fowler at the courses and tutorials University of Virginia in 1999. Includes lecture courses and tutorials notes in HTML format (from Galilei transformations to courses and tutorials relativistic mechanics, including some thoughts on
- General Relativity Tutorials - Notes about the linearized Einstein equations, written by a graduate student (Kristen Wecht) for graduate students. Current content: one step-by-step description of how to derive the linearized Einstein equations.
- Gravitation and Cosmology - Lecture notes from a graduate course on Gravitation courses and tutorials physics and Cosmology, taught by M. Cederwall at Chalmers courses and tutorials physics University of Technology, Sweden in 2008.
- Introduction to Differential Geometry and General Relativity - A course from the Department of Mathematics at physics Hofstra University on differential geometry and general relativity, physics from basic ideas like sets and parametric surfaces physics to black holes and neutron stars. By Stefan physics Waner (last chapter by Gregory C. Levine).
- Physics 8.033: Relativity - Undergraduate course held by Max Tegmark at MIT in Fall, relativity 2006; the main focus is special relativity, although the basics relativity of the general theory (the equivalence principle, the effect of relativity gravity on light, and some cosmology) are also discussed. Part relativity of MIT
- General Relativity - Lecture notes and problem sheets for a course taught by N.M.J. Woodhouse at Oxford University in 2003.
- Theory of Relativity - Website for an online relativity class. Covers special relativity in courses and tutorials depth and general relativity at a more qualitative level. Contains courses and tutorials tutorial material, references, a reading list, and links. By Gabriel courses and tutorials G. Lombardi (Seattle Teachers College).
- Theory of Relativity Class - Learn about Einstein\\'s Theory of Relativity online. The class covers courses and tutorials cosmology, the Twin Paradox, space travel, and black holes.
- Physics 200: Relativity and Quanta - Course taught by Jess H. Brewer (University of British Columbia) in 1996 about relativity and quantum fields, including quantum fields in curved spacetime. Page contains course description, outline, and handouts.
- SPAC 205: From Space and Time to Space-Time - Course description, reading material, notes, and problem sets for a courses and tutorials basic course on relativity taught by Yuri Balashov at Rice courses and tutorials University in 1999.
- Tensor Calculus and Continuum Mechanics - A free downloadable textbook on introductory tensor analysis relativity and continuum relativity mechanics, in PDF format, from Professor relativity John J. Heinbockel at relativity Old Dominion University.
- Tensors and Relativity (Peter Dunsby) - A complete online course in tensors and relativity
- Bondi K-Calculus - A simple derivation of Einstein\\'s theory of relativity in six physics short lessons. Bondi\\'s K-calculus relies on local quantities (e.g. physics times actually measured on specific clocks) instead of introducing coordinates, physics hence, no more than elementary maths is requi
- Understanding General Relativity - Step-by-step introduction to general relativity, from the basic principles via a heuristic account of the mathematics of curved spaces to the Einstein field equations, plus brief sections on advanced topics such as black holes and cosmology. By Rafi Moor.
- Special Relativity - Part of a course in modern physics (Physics physics 1501) taught courses and tutorials by Randy Kobes and Gabor Kunstatter physics at the University of courses and tutorials Winnipeg in 1999. Covers physics the basics from the two postulates courses and tutorials to the physics Lorentz transformations plus selected further topics; uses no courses and tutorials physics more than hi
- A Short Course on General Relativity - A graduate level course which includes weak field physics theory, gravitational physics waves, radiation damping, cosmology, the Friedmann and Lemaitre physics dusts, singularities, black holes, the physics Schwarzschild metric and Kruskal\\'s extension physics of it. This is a singl
- Physics 7: Relativity, Space-time and Cosmology - Notes, syllabus and exercises for an undergraduate course taught by Jose Wudka at the University of California, Riverside, in 2000. The course itself starts out with Ancient cosmological models before working its way to Newtonian physics, special and gene
MySQL - Cache Direct