Time Travel Relativity Physics
A brief tour of the world of time travel - from the myths and psychology to the science (including relativity). Also includes a bibliography and links.
Top: Science: Physics: Relativity: Time Travel
- The Relativistic Asynchronous Machine - Design of a hypothetic machine for travel into the future physics by Tilmann Schneider.
- How Time Travel Will Work - Article about time travel from "How Stuff Works"; by Kevin relativity Bonsor. Includes background information about relativity and black holes, relativity and possible time travel scenarios involving wormholes and cosmic strings.
- Chronos Shrugged: The World of Time Travel - A brief tour of the world of time travel - physics from the myths and psychology to the science (including relativity). physics Also includes a bibliography and links.
- Time Travel - Brief text by Neil Johnson (Oxford University) about physics the connection relativity between gravity, black holes, singularities, the physics multiple worlds of quantum relativity theory, and time travel. physics From BBC Science and Nature.
- Getting in a Twist over Time - Article on Space Daily about Ron Mallet\\'s attempts to design time travel a time machine using a loop of laser light. time travel By Michael Brooks; also includes a brief history of time time travel travel in relativity, including remarks on wormholes and the chronology time travel protection conjectur
- Time Travel in Flatland? - Superb pages by Patricia Schwarz, explaining special relativity, general relativity, relativity and the basics of relativistic time travel in a hypothetical relativity world with just two dimensions ("flatland").
- How to Build a Time Machine - Article in Scientific American, written by Paul Davies. relativity Covers time relativity travel into the future in special relativity and general relativity and relativity a variety of hypothetical relativity mechanisms for time travel into the relativity past, such relativity as cosmic strings and wormholes, including caveats su
- Time Loops - An interview on Edge with the author and time travel physicist physics Paul Davies about time travel and the time travel ensuing paradoxes, physics physical time-travel scenarios from Gödel\\'s universe time travel to wormholes, and physics the interplay between physics and time travel science-fiction. Includes both a
- Taking the Cosmic Shortcut - Article on the site of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation about physics the physics of time travel, from special relativity and time physics travel into the future to general relativity, Ron Mallet\\'s time physics machine, and wormholes. By Elizabeth Warnes.
- Time Travel - Fact or Fiction? - Brief overview of physics issues related to time travel, including relativity the question of conversation laws, general relativity, possible paradoxes, and relativity the notion of tachyons. From the Physics FAQ; original by relativity Jon J. Thaler.
- Space-Time Physics and the Future of Time Travel - Elementary exposition of Euclidean geometry, Newton vs. Einstein, and the relativity possibility to travel into the future, and see into the relativity past, in relativity. By Alex MacLellan.
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Time Travel - A collection of brief articles by the renowned physics non-fiction author physics John Gribbin. Includes "How to build physics a time machine", articles physics about wormholes and time physics travel, and a discourse on the physics question whether physics the laws of physics forbid travel into the
- Why Faster-Than-Light Implies Time Travel - Account of a hypothetical dual with pistols firing faster-than-light bullets time travel showing how, in special relativity, the ability to travel faster time travel than the speed of light implies the ability to travel time travel into the past. By Wayne Throop.
- Quantum Time Travel - Brief description of the work by Yakir Aharonov\\'s group on a "quantum time machine", including parallels with published science-fiction stories. From John G. Cramer\\'s column "The Alternate View", published in Analog Science Fiction and
- Time Travel and Modern Physics - Article from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy about the relativity basis of time travel scenarios in modern physics, including a relativity discussion of mechanisms such as wormholes, and the question of relativity paradoxes.
- NOVA Online: Time Travel - Companion site to the NOVA program "Time Travel" time travel (1999); relativity includes a description of the connection with time travel Einstein\\'s theories relativity of relativity, an interview with Carl time travel Sagan, a teacher\\'s relativity guide, and a transcript of time travel the show.
MySQL - Cache Direct