Ape Sign Language Linguistic Anthropology Anthropology Social Sciences
Lauren Kosseff argues that the documentation of elementary language competence in species other than humans has significant implications for the understanding of the evolution of the human species. Article includes a history of ape sign language research.
Top: Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Linguistic Anthropology: Ape Sign Language
- Top/Reference/Dictionaries/Sign Languages
- Top/Society/Issues/Animal Welfare/Specific Animals/Primates
- Language in Apes: How Much Do They Know and How Much Should We Teach Them - An overview written by Dave Switzer that features a summaries of multiple research projects. Also offers primate glossary.
- The Primatech Project - A cognitive model of Chantek, a signing orangutan, anthropology for an linguistic anthropology installation at Zoo Atlanta.
- Chimp Talk Debate: Is it Really Language? - Article by George Johnson in the New York linguistic anthropology Times ape sign language in which he outlines varying views on linguistic anthropology ape communication.
- Koko the Gorilla - The Gorilla Foundation brings interspecies communication to the linguistic anthropology public anthropology through Koko, famous for her sign language linguistic anthropology skills.
- An Internet Chat with Koko the Gorilla - Read the transcript of the chat which took anthropology place on April 27th, 1998. This event anthropology was the first ever live inter-species Internet chat.
- The Straight Dope: Are Gorillas Using Sign Language Really Communicating with Humans? - Cecil Adams\\' research column on the divided scientific linguistic anthropology opinions ape sign language about apes and language.
- Language in Child and Chimp? - General commentary on ape language with transcripts of chats with apes and interviews with ape language researchers.
- Language Research Center - Primate research center studying language acquisition through work anthropology with bonobos and chimpanzees. Features a list anthropology of publications and ape biographies.
- The Chimpanzee and Human Communication Institute - This institute at Central Washington University cares for five chimpanzees anthropology who are being taught American Sign Language.
- Talking With Chimps - An article that describes why some researchers feel anthropology that chimps anthropology may be able to learn language.
- Primate Research Institute: Section of Language and Intelligence - Chimpanzee language research projects at Kyoto University. linguistic anthropology News, pictures and biographies of chimpanzee subjects as linguistic anthropology well as researchers.
- The Case Against the Animal Mind - An article by Clive Wynne that argues that ape sign language linguistic anthropology evidence from ape sign language studies demonstrates that ape sign language linguistic anthropology our closest animal relatives do not have consciousness.
- Primate Use of Language - Lauren Kosseff argues that the documentation of elementary ape sign language language competence in species other than humans has ape sign language significant implications for the understanding of the evolution ape sign language of the human species. Article includes a history ape sign language of ape sign language research.
- Non-Human Primates and Language - This project is part of a theoretical course on ape sign language Syntax and Grammatical Theories taught by Prof. Dirk Geeraerts ape sign language at K.U.Leuven.
- Are Nonhuman Species Capable of Language Acquisition? - A discussion of the value and validity of ape sign language linguistic anthropology ape language research.
MySQL - Cache Direct