Doctoral research program focusing on combining social theory with the analysis of linguistic form. Field description, faculty list, admissions information.
Top: Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Linguistic Anthropology
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Linguistics/Dialectology
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Anthropology/Cultural Anthropology
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Linguistics/Pragmatics/Discourse Analysis
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Linguistics/Comparative Linguistics and Typology
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Linguistics/Historical Linguistics
- Publications of Daniel Moonhawk Alford - Assorted publications and postings by this Piute thinker. Covers linguistic anthropology many aspects of the relationship of culture and language, including linguistic anthropology the legacy of Whorf and the anthropology of consciousness.
- Gesture, Language Origins and Right Handedness - A paper by John R. Skoyles. Considers the implications linguistic anthropology of research on handedness in humans and chimpanzees. From linguistic anthropology the CogPrints Archive.[PDF]
- Linguistic and Semiotic Anthropology at the University of Toronto - Subdivision of the Department of Anthropology. Offers a anthropology description of the field, events,and links to resources.
- Linguistic Anthropology at the University of Michigan - Doctoral research program focusing on combining social theory with the analysis of linguistic form. Field description, faculty list, admissions information.
- Concepts and Resources - Course materials maintained by a faculty member at Emory University, linguistic anthropology with definitions of selected terms in the field and a linguistic anthropology list of available resources.
- Philadelphia Papers on Linguistic Anthropology - Assembled papers on this topic from the 1998 anthropology meeting of social sciences the American Anthropological Association. Various anthropology document formats.
- Early American Anthropological Linguistics - Essay written by Kenneth Pike for the journal linguistic anthropology American Anthropologist. Contains reminiscences of many leading linguistic anthropology figures of this field in the early 20th linguistic anthropology century, such as Edward Sapir.
- Topics in Anthropological Linguistics - Concise treatments of various areas of concern in linguistic anthropology this linguistic anthropology field, including contact languages and the Whorf linguistic anthropology hypothesis.
- Michicagoan 2000: Histories and Ideologies of Linguistics - Second annual meeting of graduate students from the University of social sciences Chicago and the University of Michigan. Schedule, abstracts.
- Society for Linguistic Anthropology - A special section of the American Anthropological Association. linguistic anthropology anthropology Organizational information and list of contents of linguistic anthropology the Journal anthropology of Linguistic Anthropology.
MySQL - Cache Direct