Philosophy of Mind
This page makes available online versions of many recent (1987-1997) published and unpublished articles, and reviews, by this influential and unusually readable philosopher (and by some of his associates).
Top: Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Mind
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Cognitive Science
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Psychology
- Top/Society/Philosophy/Philosophy of Science/Social Science
- Top/Society/History/By Topic/Science/Psychology
Dictionary of Philosophy of Mind - A collection of definitions and brief scholarly discussions of key terms in the Philosophy of Mind. Also includes brief biographical sketches of important figures in cognitive science.
Contemporary Philosophy of Mind: An Annotated Bibliography - Thousands of entries, categorized by subject matter. From David Chalmers.
- Books about Philosophy of Mind - Commentaries on books and ideas from philosophers of mind including Patricia Churchland, Terrence Sejnowski, Paul Churchland, Ned Block, Owen Flanagan, Daniel Dennett, Georges Rey.
- The Experimental Philosophy Page - Information about experimental data gathered by people working in the philosophy of mind.
- Behavioral & Prints Archive - Articles on the subject of philosophy of mind.
- Metasubjective Cognition Beyond the Brain - Titus Rivas\\' essay show that an exhaustive conceptual philosophy of mind philosophy representation of phenomenal consciousness in the brain is philosophy of mind philosophy impossible.
- Stanford Encyclopedia - The Computational Theory of Mind - The philosophical theory that the mind is, or functions like, society a computer; by Steven Horst.
- Multiple Realizability - Discusses the contention that a given mental kind (property, state, event) is realized by distinct physical kinds. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by John Bickle.
- Squashed Descartes - Condensed edition of Descartes\' \'Meditations\', with study notes philosophy and glossary.
- Behavior and Philosophy - A peer reviewed journal devoted to the philosophical, metaphysical, and methodological foundations of the study of behavior, brain, and mind. Articles from more recent volumes are available for free online. Published by the Cambridge Center for Behavioral
- Centre for the Study of Perceptual Experience - Information on Centre personnel, research and activities including conferences, seminars philosophy of mind and reading groups, which focus on philosophy of mind and philosophy of mind perception.
- Dualism: Papers - Articles on dualism and parapsychology by John Beloff.
- Computing Machinery and Intelligence - The classic 1950 article by Alan Turing on philosophy of mind machine intelligence, where he introduces the famous Turing philosophy of mind test.
- The Identity Theory of Mind - Evaluates the theory that holds that states and processes of society the mind are identical to states and processes of the society brain. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by J. J. society C. Smart.
- Living philosophy from a modern thinker - Includes a study of belief, mind, relativity, sign systems and matter. Philosophy is integrated with psychology and science.
- PCID Philosophy of Mind Issue - A special issue of the Open Source online philosophy of mind journal Progress in Complexity, Information, and Design (PCID) philosophy of mind containing eight essays outlining non-reductive theories of the philosophy of mind mind.
- SWIF Philosophy of Mind - Bibliographies by topic and author, event listings, online texts, new philosophy books (with links), and many links to online reference works, philosophy relevant institutions, journal home pages, and other sites.
- Mind and Mechanism - Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews - Varol Akman reviews this book by Drew V. philosophy of mind philosophy of mind McDermott.
- Parsimony and the Mind - The principle of parsimony and its application to philosophy the mind-body philosophy problem
- The Doomsday Simulation Argument - A compact response to both Leslie\\'s doomsday argument and Bostrom\'s philosophy of mind simulation argument, by I.A. Aranyosi[PDF]
- An atheist philosophy beyond the "bright" attitude - The naturalism of the Bright Movement is present in Real Dualism, but even an anthropologic analysis that get over the traditional materialism
- The Pre-History of Cognitive Science - An annotated bibliography of the models of human cognition of philosophy of mind Berkeley, Burton, Hobbes, and Locke. (More figures from the seventeenth philosophy of mind through nineteenth centuries are promised.)
- Consciousness and Intentionality - Discussion of the connection between phenomenal consciousness and intentionality; by Charles Siewert.
- Panpsychism - The doctrine that mind is a fundamental feature philosophy of mind of the world which exists throughout the universe; philosophy of mind from the Stanford Encyclopedia by William Seager.
- Higher-order Theories of Consciousness - Theories which explain conscious states by their relations to higher-order representations of them; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Peter Carruthers.
- Cognitive Science - The interdisciplinary study of mind and intelligence. From philosophy of mind society the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Paul Thagard..
- Eliminative Materialism - The view that some or all of the philosophy mental states philosophy of mind posited by common-sense do not actually philosophy exist; from the Stanford philosophy of mind Encyclopedia by William Ramsey.
- The Philosophy and Future of AI - A personal perspective, with many links, from Artificial philosophy Intelligence researcher Mark Humphrys.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy - The Turing Test - Proposal due to Alan Turing for a criterion society of the philosophy of mind presence of mind or consciousness; by society Graham Oppy and David philosophy of mind Dowe.
- The Society for Philosophy and Psychology (SPP). - The leading U.S. organization for discussion between (analytic) philosophers and society (mainly cognitively oriented) psychologists.
- Kant's Error about Rational Psychology: Psychical Appearance and Reality - Titus Rivas discusses the identity theory of brain philosophy and mind philosophy of mind in the context of the Kantian philosophy general rejection of ontology.
- Simulation, Consciousness, Existence - A view on consciousness, universal existence, nothingness, reality.
- The Unity of Consciousness - History and philosophical accounts of unity of consciousness; philosophy of mind philosophy from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Andrew Brook.
- The Extended Mind - This paper by Andy Clark and David Chalmers society proposes an philosophy active externalist theory of mind - society that when we use philosophy tools such as paper society or computers to aid in our philosophy cognition, they society become part of our minds.
- Daniel C. Dennett - publications and preprints. - This page makes available online versions of many philosophy recent (1987-1997) published and unpublished articles, and reviews, philosophy by this influential and unusually readable philosopher (and philosophy by some of his associates).
- Arts and Minds - Contains theory and essays by Mayer Spivack. Primarily emphasizes human philosophy of mind cognition, animal cognition, associative reasoning (syncretic reasoning), creativity, learning and philosophy of mind learning disability.
- Argumentation Map: Do Computers Have to be Conscious to Think? - Argumentation maps propose to map the detailed structure of major philosophical debates in graphical form. Portions of the map of the "Can Computers Think?" debate are now available online.
- Neuropsychology and Personalist Dualism - Titus Rivas discusses alleged empirical evidence against the society ontological tradition society of substantialist dualism, such as data society of split-brain research.
- Center for Consciousness Studies at the University of Arizona. - The main institutional center for Consciousness Studies. Host society of the Tucson "Toward a Science of Consciousness" conferences, society and periodically stages on-line courses on aspects of society Consciousness Studies.
- The Efficacy of Mind in General - Analytical demonstration by Titus Rivas of the existence philosophy and causal philosophy impact of a non-physical, mental memory.
- The Simulation Argument - Site examining the hypothesis that we are currently living in philosophy of mind an "ancestor simulation" run by a future, post-human society. Includes philosophy of mind papers and research links.
- PhilosophyofMind.info - An overview of the philosophy of mind. Explores society the various philosophy theories of mind, and of how society the mental relates to philosophy the physical.
- Mind and Body: Rene Descartes to William James - By Robert H. Wozniak, Bryn Mawr College. History philosophy of philosophical philosophy of mind and scientific reactions to "the philosophy Cartesian impasse". Spanish translation philosophy of mind available.
- External Qualities and Neurological Computation in Perception - Titus Rivas discusses the view that the phenomenal qualities of perception might in theory exist not only in the subjective mind but in physical reality as well.
- Mental Representation - A mental representation is a mental object with semantic philosophy of mind properties. According to the Representational Theory of Mind, psychological philosophy of mind states are to be understood as relations between agents philosophy of mind and mental representations. Article from the Stanford Encyclope
- Connectionism - Movement in cognitive science which hopes to explain society human intellectual society abilities using artificial neural networks. society From the Stanford Encyclopedia, society by James W. Garson.
- David Chalmers Chat Transcript - Transcript from a live online chat with David philosophy Chalmers on society September 25th 2002.
- Hyponoeticism - New Philosophy of Mind - A New and Challenging Philosophy of Mind.
- Reflections on Language and Mind - Article by Daniel Dennett (1996).
- Epiphenomenalism - Discusses the view that mental events are caused society by physical philosophy of mind events in the brain, but have society no effects upon any philosophy of mind physical events. From society the Stanford Encyclopedia, by William S. philosophy of mind Robinson.
- Mental Images: Philosophical Psychology - Introductory and advanced material on the imagery society debate, cognitive science, and metaphysical issues.
- Matter and Aither - The man\\'s presumptuousness considers always that the reality is only philosophy of mind one, that accessible to his senses, his intellection and his philosophy of mind instrumental of investigation tools. But the things are really so? philosophy of mind In MatterAither the foundations of the real dualism (as ph
- A Field Guide to the Philosophy of Mind - Survey articles on key issues in the field, philosophy and an philosophy of mind annotated bibliography.
MySQL - Cache Direct