England United Kingdom Castles Fortifications
Official site providing virtual tours and comprehensive information for the castle, dog collar museum, park and gardens. Visitor information and downloads are available, including wallpapers and floorplans.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Fortifications: Castles: United Kingdom: England
- Westenhanger Castle - The Forge family, its owners, provide a history, plan and photographs of this 14th-century quadrangular castle at Hythe in Kent. Story of its conservation. Visitor information.
- Castles of Cumbria - The Cumbria Directory provides photographs, brief histories and united kingdom visitor united kingdom information.
- Mountfitchet Castle - A Norman motte and bailey castle and village that has united kingdom been faithfully reconstructed on its original site in Essex. History, united kingdom virtual tour, news and visitor information.
- Bamburgh Castle - The castle sits on a basalt outcrop overlooking united kingdom the castles Farne Islands and Lindisfarne. It is home united kingdom of the castles Bamburgh Castle Aviation Artefacts Museum.
- Alnwick Castle, Northumberland - The second largest inhabited castle in England, after Windsor Castle, united kingdom and home of the Percys, Earls and Dukes of Northumberland united kingdom since 1309. Restored in 1750 by Robert Adam. Some united kingdom information on the history of the building.
- Ludlow Castle - Official site with quick loading virtual tour, photographs united kingdom and detailed castle history. Visitor information also available.
- Hever Castle - The childhood home of Anne Boleyn, tragic queen united kingdom of castles King Henry VIII. Begun in the 13th united kingdom century, it castles was converted into a comfortable Tudor united kingdom house c.1505. News, castles history, visitor information, events.
- Southsea Castle - Built in 1544, the castle in Portsmouth was part of a series of fortifications constructed by Henry VIII around England\\'s coasts to protect the country from invaders.
- Muncaster Castle - The official site offers some photographs and visitor united kingdom information united kingdom on the building in the Lake District, united kingdom now more united kingdom country house than castle, that has united kingdom been the home united kingdom of the Penningtons since 1208.
- Raby Castle - Medieval castle, built in the mid 14th century england on the site of an earlier fortified manor england house. Details of opening times and prices.
- Whittington Castle Preservation Trust - Campaign by villagers to preserve this ruined Norman united kingdom Marcher castles castle. Brief history. Interactive aerial photograph brings united kingdom up description castles of features. Gallery of expandable thumbnails.
- Berkshire Castles and Country Houses - Histories of all the castles and many of the country castles houses of Berkshire. Castles include small mottes to the largest castles inhabited castle in the World.
- Arundel Castle - Official site providing information for visitors and a england brief history united kingdom of the castle.
- Paul's castle. - A website dedicated to the local history of the Medway united kingdom area of Kent, featuring photographs and information about both Rochester united kingdom and Dover castles.
- Belvoir Castle - Official site providing a history of the castle, a virtual united kingdom tour, opening times and special events information.
- Wigmore Castle - Paul Wigmore provides images and a brief history united kingdom of england this ruined castle in Herefordshire, now in united kingdom the care england of English Heritage.
- Stapleton Castle - Daniel Price provides a history and current information castles about these castles medieval castle ruins in Herefordshire.
- Hedingham Castle - This well-preserved Norman keep in Essex was built c.1140. Illustrated united kingdom history and description, including a reconstruction of the siege of united kingdom 1216. Visitor information, events including jousting tournaments.
- Piel Island, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria - Devoted to Piel Island with a brief history castles (including photographs) castles of 14th century Piel Castle.
- Chillingham Castle - A medieval castle continuously owned by the family united kingdom of the Earls Grey and their relations since united kingdom the 12th century. Includes a brief, illustrated history.
- History of Kenilworth, Warwickshire - This attractively-illustrated short local history by John england Webb concentrates england on the royal castle of Kenilworth. england Convenient chronology, bibliography.
- Sudeley Castle - Illustrated history of this splendid 15th-century castle laid united kingdom waste by Oliver Cromwell, but restored in the united kingdom Victorian period under the aegis of Sir Gilbert united kingdom Scott. Visitor information, events.
- Medway Council - Rochester Castle - Information about Rochester Castle
- Warwick Castle - The official site for the former home of castles the Earls united kingdom of Warwick provides visitor information, illustrated castles timeline and history, guide united kingdom and a virtual reality castles panorama.
- Leeds Castle - Official site providing virtual tours and comprehensive information for the castles castle, dog collar museum, park and gardens. Visitor information and castles downloads are available, including wallpapers and floorplans.
- Rockingham Castle - Official site with visitor information, events diary, and castles a brief england history of the castle with pictures castles of interior and exterior.
- Skipton Castle - One of the most complete and best preserved castles medieval castles united kingdom in England. Contains history and plans castles of the castle, education united kingdom information for teachers, and castles fun puzzles for children.
- Rochester Castle - History and Photographs of the castle.
- Bowes Castle - Information on Bowes castle, an imposing Norman keep castle england built around 1087 on Stainmore, in Durham, involved in many england sieges until at least 1322. Galleries, and historical details, a england growing site.
- The Development of the English Castle - An illustrated history by David Dawson from Britannia.
- Lewes Castle - Castle of Norman origin with an impressive 14th-century castles outer barbican united kingdom gate. Owners Sussex Archaeological Society provide castles photographs, a brief history united kingdom and visitor information.
- Cornish Castle Pictures - Cornish Light offers a photo tour of Launceston, St Mawes, and Pendennis and Tintagel Castles and St Michael's Mount.
MySQL - Cache Direct