Alfredian Prose Individual Prose Works Anglo-Saxon British
Includes an edition of the Old English text, a modern English translation, and links to the Old English and Latin manuscripts.
Top: Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: Anglo-Saxon: Individual Prose Works: Alfredian Prose
- Alfred. Translation of Orosius's Compendious History: the Voyage of Ohthere - Excerpt from Alfred\\'s Old English translation. Each word of the Old English text is hot-linked to a glossary entry. Includes a modern English translation of the first section of the excerpt and a sound recording.
- Alfred. Laws - Old English text of the laws of the Anglo-Saxon kings Alfred and Ine.
- Alfred. Preface to His Translation of Gregory's Pastoral Care - Old English text with words hot-linked to glossary.
- Alfred the Great - Article on Alfred\\'s life and historical significance from the Catholic individual prose works Encyclopedia.
- Alfred. Preface to His Translation of Gregory's Pastoral Care - Includes an edition of the Old English text, a modern individual prose works English translation, and links to the Old English and Latin individual prose works manuscripts.
- Alfred. Translation of Orosius's Compendious History: the Voyages of Ohthere and Wulfstan - Excerpts from Alfred\\'s Old English translation. Each word individual prose works of the text is hot-linked to a corresponding individual prose works glossary entry.
- Alfred: His Literary Achievement - Explains Alfred\\'s contribution to and influence on Old alfredian prose English literature.
- Alfred. Anglo-Saxon Version of Boethius's Consolation of Philosophy - Modern English translation by Walter J. Sedgefield.
- Alfred - Article on Alfred\'s life and achievements from the Columbia Encyclopedia.
- Alfred's Pastoral Care as a Guide for Teachers - Describes Alfred\\'s educational program as it is laid anglo-saxon out both anglo-saxon in his preface to his translation anglo-saxon of Gregory\\'s Pastoral Care anglo-saxon and in the translation anglo-saxon itself. By Eric Rochester.
- Alfred. Anglo-Saxon Version of Boethius's Consolation of Philosophy: on Fame - Excerpt from Book II Prose 7 and Meter anglo-saxon 7. Old anglo-saxon English text with words hot-linked to anglo-saxon glossary.
MySQL - Cache Direct