Individual Prose Works Anglo-Saxon British World Literature
Scholarly introduction to Old English glossaries. Covers the origin and purpose of OE glossaries, describes the different types of glossaries, and explains their relationship to later English dictionaries.
Top: Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: Anglo-Saxon: Individual Prose Works
- Eadwine Psalter: Manuscript Image - Picture of besieged psalmist from the original in british Trinity College, Cambridge MS R.17.1, fol. 66.
- The Gospel of John - Old English version of John. Work in progress.
- The Gospel of Mark - Old English version of Mark. Table of contents anglo-saxon is a individual prose works set of hyperlinks to each "scene" anglo-saxon in Mark.
- Anglo-Saxon Dooms - Modern English translation of the laws of the Anglo-Saxon kings anglo-saxon from Aethelberht (601-04) to Canute (1020-34).
- Acts in Old English: Selections - A compilation of quotations from the Acts of the Apostles individual prose works by Old English prose writers.[PDF]
- Anglo-Saxon Charters Online - Contains the complete Old English or Latin texts british of the british charters in the British Academy "Anglo-Saxon british Charters" series. Includes bibliographic british information for each charter british and translations of some charters.
- Old English Glossaries: Creating a Vernacular - Scholarly introduction to Old English glossaries. Covers the origin and anglo-saxon purpose of OE glossaries, describes the different types of glossaries, anglo-saxon and explains their relationship to later English dictionaries.
- The Blickling Homilies - Modern English translation by R. Morris.[PDF]
- Anglo-Saxon Law: Extracts From Early Laws of the English. - Provides modern English translations of excerpts from important anglo-saxon legal documents.
- The Lindisfarne Gospels - An introduction to the manuscript and an explanation of its individual prose works significance. From the British Library.
- The Gospel of Luke - Old English version of Luke.
- Bede. Ecclesiastical History of the English People: the Conversion of King Edwin - Old English text with words hot-linked to glossary.
- The Paris Psalter - Edition of the prose portion of the Paris Psalter (Psalms british 1-50) by Richard Stracke.
- Anglo-Saxon Charters: the Electronic Sawyer - A catalog of extant Anglo-Saxon charters, based on the printed work by Peter Sawyer. Each entry summarizes the contents of the charter, lists the manuscripts that contain the charter, and cites any printed editions, translations, and commentaries.
- The Laws of Aethelberht: a Student Edition - Lisi Oliver\\'s complete edition of the laws, the oldest text in Old English, probably recorded between 597 and 604. Includes introduction, historical background, overview of manuscript and chronological layering, the original Old English text, textual note
- Eadwine Psalter: Old English Glosses of the Psalms - Old English glosses of the Latin words of the Psalms. Work in progress.
- Blickling Homily X : The End of This World Is Near - Old English text and modern English translation by british R. Morris.
- Lindisfarne Gospels: Manuscript Image - This detail from an ornamented page in the british Lindisfarne Gospels clearly shows the continuous Old English british glosses above the Latin words.
- The Gospel of Matthew - Old English version of Matthew. Work in progress.[PDF]
- Lindisfarne, Rushworth, and West Saxon Glosses - Describes the continuous Old English glosses of Latin words in individual prose works the Lindisfarne and Rushworth Gospels. Also covers the complete Old individual prose works English translation known as the West-Saxon Gospels.
- Bede. Ecclesiastical History of the English People: the Story of Caedmon - Hypertext edition. Includes Old English text with running glossary and anglo-saxon notes, reading list, modern English translation, contextual information, and electronic anglo-saxon resources.
- St. Mary of Egypt - Linda Cantara\\'s textual study of an Old English prose saint\\'s individual prose works life. Compares and contrasts two versions of the life and individual prose works describes variant readings in three major categories: spelling, vocabulary, and individual prose works syntax. Also touches on religious, cultural, and litera
MySQL - Cache Direct