Emotion Engine MIPS Processors Components
The Emotion Engine (EE) is a powerful 128-bit RISC VLIW processor, made in a few versions, based on the MIPS R5900 (MIPS IV-subset), and jointly designed with Toshiba and Sony. Mass production began in 1999. Its main use is in Sony PlayStation 2 video game consoles, of which over 100 million have been sold, making EE a surprisingly common platform. The identity of the EE and the PS2 are closely connected. The PS2 was the original and main reason EE was developed, PS2 was the original product that used EE, and PS2 is still EE's primary market. If there was no PS2, there would be no Emotion Engine.
Top: Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: MIPS: Emotion Engine
- Top/Games/Video Games/Console Platforms/Sony/PlayStation 2
- Top/Computers/Parallel Computing
- Top/Kids and Teens/Games/Computer and Video/Consoles/PlayStation 2
- PlayStation Turns Supercomputer - US researchers make supercomputer out of cluster of processors PS2 game processors consoles, which use Emotion Engine 128-bit processors VLIW processors. [BBC News]
- Chris' Emotion Engine Page - Technical tables, graphs. By Christian Klingner, who served processors and internship, processors and wrote a master\\'s thesis, in processors Toshiba\\'s advanced processor lab, processors on the Emotion Engine, processors and worked for Toshiba in Silicon processors Valley on processors same.
- Sound and Vision: A Technical Overview of the Emotion Engine - Multipart analysis with text, diagrams; 128-bit VLIW combination CPU and processors DSP. [Ars Technica]
- Hardware: Consoles: PlayStation 2 System - Short technical description. [Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.]
- Emotion Engine - MIPS R5900 variant, 128-bit VLIW. Growing entry, with processors links to many related topics. [Wikipedia]
- Microprocessor Report Names the Sony/Toshiba Emotion Engine Best Embedded Processor of the Year - Press release. [Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc.]
- The Sony Emotion Engine: Will PlayStation 2 Replace Your PC? - New game console offering giga-computing power is the talk of mips microprocessor conference. [CNN]
MySQL - Cache Direct